window drag/dragend events

gal.rubinstein

:,(
got to small questions:
1) Trying to capture a window drag/dragend to add some functionality like
so:

 var win = new qx.ui.window.Window("Test Window", "test/smile.gif");
 win.addListener("dragend", function(){
        alert('hello');
 });

I'm missing something :confused:, am I?

2) noticed that there is no use of CSS decelerations/files, only directly
adding styles to the 'style' attribute, doesn't that hurt performance?

Thanx...

oh, and yes, still think qooxdoo :rules:

Re: window drag/dragend events

thron7

Gal.Rubinstein wrote:

> :,(
> got to small questions:
> 1) Trying to capture a window drag/dragend to add some functionality like
> so:
>
>  var win = new qx.ui.window.Window("Test Window", "test/smile.gif");
>  win.addListener("dragend", function(){
> alert('hello');
>  });
>
> I'm missing something :confused:, am I?

I suggest you have a look at
http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.8/ui_dragdrop.

> 2) noticed that there is no use of CSS decelerations/files, only directly
> adding styles to the 'style' attribute, doesn't that hurt performance?

There are a few things that prohibit style sheet use within qooxdoo. One
is the dynamic nature of styles used in the framework. Many attributes
need to be calculated in real time (like width and height attributes)
which prohibits a static style sheet. Another reason is the individual
nature of the attributes - different elements could share only little
through a common style sheet. On the other hand, the number of static
style sheets is limited in some browsers which makes it difficult to
create an arbitrary number of them as needed.

Thomas