validators gone in 0.8

oetiker
Folks,

Every day I am learning new things while working with qooxdoo 0.8.
Today I tried to migrate some old code I found that it seems that
the 'setValidator' method has disapeared in 0.8. Is there a new
'official' way for adding validators or is this part of the
framework 'gone' ?

cheers
tobi
http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: validators gone in 0.8

level420
Hi Tobias!

How did you migrate your "missing setValidator" code to 0.8 (or 0.9 pre)?

I'm now in the same situation migrating a large 0.7 class hierarchy to 0.8.

Thank you for your help.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dietrich Streifert

Re: validators gone in 0.8

oetiker
Hi Dietrich,

Today Dietrich Streifert wrote:

> Hi Tobias!
>
> How did you migrate your "missing setValidator" code to 0.8 (or 0.9 pre)?
>
> I'm now in the same situation migrating a large 0.7 class hierarchy to 0.8.
>
> Thank you for your help.

in the mean time, there has been a lot of movement regarding forms
and qx ... have a look at the 0.8.3 release announcement ... it
will mean some refactoring for your code but there are now
validators and much more ...

cheers
tobi