user inputs

johnd
I have a context menu.  One of the items is 'settings'.  If a user
selects this I need to get some user input.  I am currently using a
popup widget.  I put labels, text fields, and buttons.  I get the
feeling I am not using the right widget.  I am now reading about
forms.

Is it a normal usage pattern to put a form.Form on a popup widget? Or
are pupups more for notification?

Re: user inputs

Christian Hagendorn
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: user inputs

Peter Schneider
Hi John,

ever tried contributions? The "dialog"[1] contribution is a good example for
the things you do/need.
To see what it looks like or can provide to you, try the contrib-demobrowser[2]

Regrads,
  Peter

[1] http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project#dialog
[2]
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/contrib/demobrowser/#Dialog~trunk%2Fdefault%2F1.4%2Findex.html

On 2011-07-04 09:34 John de la Garza wrote:
> I have a context menu.  One of the items is 'settings'.  If a user
> selects this I need to get some user input.  I am currently using a
> popup widget.  I put labels, text fields, and buttons.  I get the
> feeling I am not using the right widget.  I am now reading about
> forms.
>
> Is it a normal usage pattern to put a form.Form on a popup widget? Or
> are pupups more for notification?

Re: user inputs

johnd
On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Peter Schneider
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> ever tried contributions? The "dialog"[1] contribution is a good example for
> the things you do/need.
> To see what it looks like or can provide to you, try the contrib-demobrowser[2]
>
> Regrads,
>  Peter

Looks like a great place to start

Re: user inputs

johnd
On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Christian Hagendorn
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think in your case you should use a qx.ui.window.Window to get the
> missing user input (maybe as modal window).
>
> Cheers,
> Ch

thanks, I was thinking this was the case,