trunk: wierd "Unknown class" generator warnings

trunk: wierd "Unknown class" generator warnings

panyasan
Hello,

updating to current trunk I am getting a lot of "unknown class" warnings:

>>> Resolving dependencies...
  - ! Unknown class referenced: Persist.Store (in: bibliograph.Main)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qcl.ui.dialog (in: qcl.ui.dialog.Dialog)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: view (in: qcl.ui.dialog.Form)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.core.ServerSettings (in: qx.io.remote.Rpc)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.core.ServerSettings.serverPathSuffix (in: qx.io.remote.Rpc)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.core.ServerSettings.serverPathPrefix (in: qx.io.remote.Rpc)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.core.ServerSettings.lastSessionRefresh (in: qx.io.remote.Rpc)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.core.ServerSettings.sessionTimeoutInSeconds (in: qx.io.remote.Rpc)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: params2 (in: qcl.data.store.JsonRpc)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qcl (in: qcl.access.AbstractManager)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: hashCode (in: qcl.access.AbstractManager)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: conditionsFunc (in: qcl.access.permission.Permission)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qcl.clipboard.Manager (in: bibliograph.ui.collection.TreeView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qcl.auth.user.Manager (in: bibliograph.ui.collection.TreeView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.data.model.TreeVirtual (in: qcl.data.marshal.TreeVirtual)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: node (in: qcl.data.model.TreeVirtual)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: nodeReference (in: qcl.data.model.TreeVirtual)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: nodeReference.nodeId (in: qcl.data.model.TreeVirtual)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: value (in: qcl.data.model.TreeVirtual)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: oldValue (in: qcl.data.model.TreeVirtual)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: ds (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: type (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.ui.table.cellrenderer (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.ui.table.celleditor (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: oldDatasource (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: oldId (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: value (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qcl.auth.user.Manager (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: _this (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.client.Timer (in: bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.data.model.Table (in: qcl.data.marshal.Table)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: def (in: bibliograph.ui.item.ItemView)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.event.handler.KeyEventHandler (in: htmleditor.htmlarea.HtmlArea)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.util.Validation (in: htmleditor.htmlarea.HtmlArea)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: commandObject.identifier (in: htmleditor.htmlarea.command.Manager)
  - ! Unknown class referenced: flowlayout.FlowLayout (in: htmleditor.FilePicker)

Some of them are valid, others don't make any sense. They are harmless, my app runs fine. Just wanted to let you know.

Cheers,

Christian

Re: trunk: wierd "Unknown class" generator warnings

Thomas Herchenroeder
Hi Christian,

yes, the dependency analysis has been worked on (see the latest weekly at
news.qooxdoo.org, and this commit
http://qooxdoo.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/qooxdoo?view=rev&revision=20296),
and there is still a bit of flux. Thanks for letting us know. I would be
particularly interested in the non-sensical warnings. Maybe you can point
them out, and even add the line of code they refer to (sorry, no line
numbers in the warnings right now). I'm very interested in getting at the
false positives.

T.

> [...]
> bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.data.model.Table (in:
> qcl.data.marshal.Table)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: def (in: bibliograph.ui.item.ItemView) -
! Unknown class referenced: qx.event.handler.KeyEventHandler (in:
> htmleditor.htmlarea.HtmlArea)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.util.Validation (in:
> htmleditor.htmlarea.HtmlArea)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: commandObject.identifier (in:
> htmleditor.htmlarea.command.Manager)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: flowlayout.FlowLayout (in:
> htmleditor.FilePicker)
>
> Some of them are valid, others don't make any sense. They are harmless,
my
> app runs fine. Just wanted to let you know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christian

Re: trunk: wierd "Unknown class" generator warnings

Andreas Ecker
Hi Christian,

would be great you'd take the chance to clean-up your code based on the
code validation of "generate.py lint". This might get you rid of some of
the issues reported (besides making your code more robust), so that it
gets easier to specifically address the ones left.

Bye,

Andreas

PS: Reminder to all readers ;-) Have you run a "generate.py lint" for
your application code lately? It's a great development aid that you
should use - frequently.

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 12:25 -0700, panyasan wrote:

> [...]
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.client.Timer (in:
> bibliograph.ui.list.ListView)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.data.model.Table (in:
> qcl.data.marshal.Table)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: def (in: bibliograph.ui.item.ItemView)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.event.handler.KeyEventHandler (in:
> htmleditor.htmlarea.HtmlArea)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: qx.util.Validation (in:
> htmleditor.htmlarea.HtmlArea)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: commandObject.identifier (in:
> htmleditor.htmlarea.command.Manager)
>   - ! Unknown class referenced: flowlayout.FlowLayout (in:
> htmleditor.FilePicker)
>
> Some of them are valid, others don't make any sense. They are harmless, my
> app runs fine. Just wanted to let you know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christian

Re: trunk: wierd "Unknown class" generator warnings

I will. Thanks for the hint :-)

Andreas Ecker wrote

flj

Re: trunk: wierd "Unknown class" generator warnings

flj
Hi.

I don't know if it helps, but I got the same errors once, in a project well on its way. At some point, after adding a file, I started getting these errors. What helped was a generate.py distclean.

br,

flj