tree controller

johnd
I've looked at the docs and the code for a tree controller and it
seems like you can only have a tree of TreeFolders and it cannot have
TreeFiles

Am I missing something or is this the case?

I'd like to have different icons for things that are directories and
things that are files.

Re: tree controller

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Hey,

> I've looked at the docs and the code for a tree controller and it
> seems like you can only have a tree of TreeFolders and it cannot have
> TreeFiles
> Am I missing something or is this the case?
TreeFiles and TreeFolders are basically the same except of there theming. So just using a different icon would fit your needs and result in the same

> I'd like to have different icons for things that are directories and
> things that are files.
You can get that done via binding. The good thing is, this changes automatically as soon as something changes in your model.
Take a look at the example I hacked together in the playground:
http://tinyurl.com/3esg8g4
If you want to use custom icons, just bind the icon property instead of the appearance. ;)

Regards,
Martin

Re: tree controller

johnd
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 2:46 AM, Martin Wittemann
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I'd like to have different icons for things that are directories and
>> things that are files.
> You can get that done via binding. The good thing is, this changes automatically as soon as something changes in your model.
> Take a look at the example I hacked together in the playground:
> http://tinyurl.com/3esg8g4
> If you want to use custom icons, just bind the icon property instead of the appearance. ;)

wow, thanks