sorting date in table

Tobias Koller (GERMO GmbH)

Hi list,

I have a questions about sorting date-values.

when I sort my date-column f.e. ASC it looks like:

01.05.2008 14:00

07.03.2007 17:00

11.04.2008 13:32

But this is not correct.

It should be sorted like

07.03.2007 17:00

11.04.2008 13:32

01.05.2008 14:00

How can I make it work that it sorts the real date and not the string?

Thanks

Tobias

Re: sorting date in table

Tobias Koller (GERMO GmbH) schrieb:

You can have your own column sort algorithm. Take a look at the 0.7
Table_1 example of how to do it.

a small snipplet:

table.getTableModel().setSortMethods(0, {
  ascending  : function(row1, row2) { ... },
  descending : function(row1, row2) { ... }

> Hi list,
>

> I have a questions about sorting date-values.
>

> when I sort my date-column f.e. ASC it looks like:
>

> 01.05.2008 14:00
>
> 07.03.2007 17:00
>
> 11.04.2008 13:32
>

> But this is not correct.
>
> It should be sorted like
>

> 07.03.2007 17:00
>
> 11.04.2008 13:32
>
> 01.05.2008 14:00
>

> How can I make it work that it sorts the real date and not the string?
>

> Thanks
>
> Tobias

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstra├če 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss