soap backend

Jack Brown-2
Dear list,

I'd like to integrate a javascript soap client api [1] to qooxdoo. i saw that this was discussed before, but from what i gather, it did not reach a conclusion. Please correct me, (and forgive me) if i missed something.

i did fiddle around the trunk and I believe the most sensible thing to do is to start by copying qooxdoo/frontend/framework/source/class/qx/io/remote/Rpc.js to Soap.js and then "adjust accordingly" from there. what do you think?

Another point: What exactly does the Makefile do? I can understand a need for such a system when generating "optimized" (i.e. minified and stripped from unused parts?) javascript, but I could not understand why it is also needed for development work.

best regards,
jack

[1]: http://www.guru4.net/articoli/javascript-soap-client/en/

Re: soap backend

Hi Jack,
> I'd like to integrate a javascript soap client api [1] to qooxdoo. i saw that this was discussed before, but from what i gather, it did not reach a conclusion. Please correct me, (and forgive me) if i missed something.
>
> i did fiddle around the trunk and I believe the most sensible thing to do is to start by copying qooxdoo/frontend/framework/source/class/qx/io/remote/Rpc.js to Soap.js and then "adjust accordingly" from there. what do you think?

A qooxdoo SOAP client would be great. If you like to share it I would
suggest making a qooxdoo-contrib
<http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/contrib> out of it. You can either
take Rpc.js as basis or just start from scratch.

> Another point: What exactly does the Makefile do? I can understand a need for such a system when generating "optimized" (i.e. minified and stripped from unused parts?) javascript, but I could not understand why it is also needed for development work.

The build system (Make) is used as a JavaScript linker. It analyzes,
which files are used and puts them in the correct order. The result is a
loader script, which loads the needed files in the right order. You only
need to "rebuild" the source version if dependencies change, e.g. you
need an additional class, which has not been used before.

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstra├če 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss