smoketrace 2.0

oetiker
Yesterday morning I have asked about a canvas cell in the table widget ...
It is all Work In Progress, but here is a sneak peek at my current project:

  http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/smoketrace/build/#ACT=RUN;PLG=TraceRoute;host=www.caida.org;rounds=10;interval=2;method=default

SmokeTrace Version 2

It is a generic presentation frontend for tools running on a unix
server. The current version support TraceRoute and DiskFree (df).

All it takes to support additional tools are plugins on the server
side ... the qooxdoo part of the application does not have to be
modified. The source of the application can be found here:

 http://oss.oetiker.ch/optools/browser/smoketrace/client/source/class/smoketrace

The canvas elements loose their graphical content when the table is
scrolled, they get it back when the table is resized vertically
(note no re-drawing goes on in this case).

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: smoketrace 2.0

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Hi tobi,

I really like the canvas element on the table. :) I thought of a chart the first time you mentioned your idea of the canvas in the table. Pretty nice!

Best,
Martin

oetiker wrote
[...]

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi@oetiker.ch ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: smoketrace 2.0

oetiker
Hoi Martin,

Yesterday MartinWittemann wrote:

> Hi tobi,
>
> I really like the canvas element on the table. :) I thought of a chart the
> first time you mentioned your idea of the canvas in the table. Pretty nice!

have you seen how it winks out of existance as you scrol the table
and comes back when you resize it vertically ? quite odd. I have
verified that my canvas painting code does not get activated the
whole time, so it must be something triggered by the scrolling
action of the table ... maybe some css tricks ? any ideas ?

The event you mentioned in your mail yesterday does not realy help
since it is fired BEFORE inerHTML gets changed ... I had to
subclass qx.ui.table.pane.Pane and do a

    _scrollContent : function(rowOffset) {
        this.base(arguments, rowOffset);
        this.fireEvent("paneUpdated");
    },

    _updateAllRows : function() {
        this.base(arguments);
        this.fireEvent("paneUpdated");
    }

with this I can then trigger the painting ... I guess it would be
nice to have this included in the normal pane.

cheers
tobi

> oetiker wrote:
> >
> > Yesterday morning I have asked about a canvas cell in the table widget ...
> > It is all Work In Progress, but here is a sneak peek at my current
> > project:
> >

> > http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/smoketrace/build/#ACT=RUN;PLG=TraceRoute;host=www.caida.org;rounds=10;interval=2;method=default
> >
> > SmokeTrace Version 2
> >
> > It is a generic presentation frontend for tools running on a unix
> > server. The current version support TraceRoute and DiskFree (df).
> >
> > All it takes to support additional tools are plugins on the server
> > side ... the qooxdoo part of the application does not have to be
> > modified. The source of the application can be found here:
> >

> > http://oss.oetiker.ch/optools/browser/smoketrace/client/source/class/smoketrace
> >
> > The canvas elements loose their graphical content when the table is
> > scrolled, they get it back when the table is resized vertically
> > (note no re-drawing goes on in this case).
> >
> > cheers
> > tobi
> >

> > --
> > Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
> > http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: smoketrace 2.0

Hi Tobias,

the canvas cell renderer is really cool. Please file a bug for the
missing event (if possible with a patch). Maybe we can even include the
canvas renderer into the framework.

Best Fabian

BTW
The charts you are drawing right now could be easily implemented with
normal HTML but I guess you have fancier charts in mind :-)

> have you seen how it winks out of existance as you scrol the table
> and comes back when you resize it vertically ? quite odd. I have
> verified that my canvas painting code does not get activated the
> whole time, so it must be something triggered by the scrolling
> action of the table ... maybe some css tricks ? any ideas ?
>
> The event you mentioned in your mail yesterday does not realy help
> since it is fired BEFORE inerHTML gets changed ... I had to
> subclass qx.ui.table.pane.Pane and do a
>

>     _scrollContent : function(rowOffset) {
>         this.base(arguments, rowOffset);
>         this.fireEvent("paneUpdated");
>     },
>
>     _updateAllRows : function() {
>         this.base(arguments);
>         this.fireEvent("paneUpdated");
>     }
>

> with this I can then trigger the painting ... I guess it would be
> nice to have this included in the normal pane.

1&1 Internet AG - Web Technologies
Ernst-Frey-Straße 9 · DE-76135 Karlsruhe
Telefon: +49 721 91374-6784
[hidden email]

Amtsgericht Montabaur / HRB 6484
Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen

Re: smoketrace 2.0

oetiker
Hi Fabian,

Today Fabian Jakobs wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> the canvas cell renderer is really cool. Please file a bug for the
> missing event (if possible with a patch). Maybe we can even include the
> canvas renderer into the framework.

the bug is in ... 3110 ... I'm glad to contribute the renderer, to
make it realy generic, I guess the best thing todo is to allow the
user to supply a callback for the actual rendering which will then
be executed on the paneUpdated event has occurred.

cheers
tobi