selection text on straight HTML

Simon Wong

In the page, I only add the qooxdoo component in the div, and using
qx.ui.basic.Inline add it to existing html.
the page similar as  http://www.fitnesswelt.com/fitness-shop/

but the problem is when using qooxdoo, the selection and copy function is
disabled. I need to active the selection and mouse right click function, how
can i do?

Thanks,
Simon

Re: selection text on straight HTML

Alexander Back
Hi Simon,

the reason for this behaviour is the CSS property "MozUserSelect" which
is set by several widgets (including the table, exactly the default
headerRenderer class) to "none". It seems, that Gecko is setting the
property at the body element (-> "-moz-user-select:none") and this
prevents any selection on the whole page.
Unfortunately you cannot set this property on element level to enable
user selection on specific elements and leaving all other elements
untouched, because this is still a bug in the gecko engine.

So the only possible workaround could be to manually set the property at
the body element after the page finished loading. I've just experimented
with it using the Firebug extension (this way you can enable/disable CSS
properties on the fly) and if you dynamically remove the CSS property at
the body element the text inside the HtmlEmbeds are selectable.

Hope this helps,
   Alex

simoms wrote:

> In the page, I only add the qooxdoo component in the div, and using
> qx.ui.basic.Inline add it to existing html.
> the page similar as  http://www.fitnesswelt.com/fitness-shop/
>
> but the problem is when using qooxdoo, the selection and copy function is
> disabled. I need to active the selection and mouse right click function, how
> can i do?
>
> Thanks,
> Simon

Re: selection text on straight HTML

Simon Wong

Thanks alex and detailed information,
Is the only method using  Firebug extension? I am not prefer this, because
impossible need user to do that. any javascript or method can I do with
enable selection?

also I want to know the detail with alex said " if you dynamically remove
the CSS property at
the body element the text inside the HtmlEmbeds are selectable"

Thank you everyone's help!!

Alexander Back wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> the reason for this behaviour is the CSS property "MozUserSelect" which
> is set by several widgets (including the table, exactly the default
> headerRenderer class) to "none". It seems, that Gecko is setting the
> property at the body element (-> "-moz-user-select:none") and this
> prevents any selection on the whole page.
> Unfortunately you cannot set this property on element level to enable
> user selection on specific elements and leaving all other elements
> untouched, because this is still a bug in the gecko engine.
>
> So the only possible workaround could be to manually set the property at
> the body element after the page finished loading. I've just experimented
> with it using the Firebug extension (this way you can enable/disable CSS
> properties on the fly) and if you dynamically remove the CSS property at
> the body element the text inside the HtmlEmbeds are selectable.
>
> Hope this helps,
>    Alex
>
> simoms wrote:
>> In the page, I only add the qooxdoo component in the div, and using
>> qx.ui.basic.Inline add it to existing html.
>> the page similar as  http://www.fitnesswelt.com/fitness-shop/
>>
>> but the problem is when using qooxdoo, the selection and copy function is
>> disabled. I need to active the selection and mouse right click function,
>> how
>> can i do?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Simon

> challenge
> prizes
> world

Re: selection text on straight HTML

Jonathan Weiß
Hi Simon!

You can remove a CSS property by the DOM API:
document.body.style.removeProperty("-moz-user-select");

Regards,
Jonathan

also I want to know the detail with alex said " if you dynamically remove
the CSS property at
the body element the text inside the HtmlEmbeds are selectable"

winmail.dat (3K) Download Attachment
Jonathan Weiß
Framework Engineer

Blog - LinkedIn - XING

Re: selection text on straight HTML

Simon Wong

Hi Jonathan,
I am sorry that the method does not work.
I am using the external style sheet, is it related?

Simon

Jonathan Rass wrote:

> Hi Simon!
>

> You can remove a CSS property by the DOM API:
> document.body.style.removeProperty("-moz-user-select");
>

> Regards,
> Jonathan

Re: [SPAM] Re: selection text on straight HTML

Jonathan Weiß
Hi Simon,

could you try this little test script: http://mysterycity.de/blog/sandbox/gecko_user_select.html? You should be able to select the text after clicking the button.

You can search for for "-moz-user-select" in your style sheets, but I think it would be quite unusual if there were such entries.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I am sorry that the method does not work.
I am using the external style sheet, is it related?

Simon

winmail.dat (4K) Download Attachment
Jonathan Weiß
Framework Engineer

Blog - LinkedIn - XING

Re: [SPAM] Re: selection text on straight HTML

Simon Wong

Hi, Honathan
Your sample page is work, and i tried apply to my qooxdoo page, it work with
bottom. But I tried to put the script in the end of the page, it not work.
How can I know the page is loaded and auto run the script?
also, It is not enable mouse right click, I need to using the copy function
on right click, how can I do?

Thanks for your help
Simon