qxjsonrpc

johnd
if I try and import qxjsonrpc I get an this error:

>>> import simplejson
>>> import qxjsonrpc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "qxjsonrpc/__init__.py", line 52, in <module>
    from qxjsonrpc._request import *
  File "qxjsonrpc/_request.py", line 24, in <module>
    from qxjsonrpc.json import *
  File "qxjsonrpc/json.py", line 205, in <module>
    'No package found to encode python objects to JSON! Please install
a supported package. See INSTALL file for more information.'
AssertionError: No package found to encode python objects to JSON!
Please install a supported package. See INSTALL file for more
information.

note: I do have simplejson

what am I missing?