qxWeb track events

oetiker
Hi,

I have been trying out the track events of qxWeb, but I'm not sure
what the 'right' way to use them would be:

  http://codepen.io/anon/pen/yyEbZj

What I would like to see:

  * pointerdown on the div starts the tracking
  * as long as I move the pointer I get tracking events, regardles
    if the pointer is inside the div or not
  * pointerup stops the tracking ...

I know how todo this 'on foot' but I assume the tracking event
magically does all that for me if I stroke it in the right way.

any hints ?

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: qxWeb track events

Daniel Wagner
Administrator
Hi Tobi,

the behavior you're looking for is usually called 'event capturing'.
This is implemented in qx.Desktop but not in qx.Website. You'll have to
check the event target in your track handler to see if the pointer is
over the desired element:

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/ByVdme

Note the -webkit-user-drag: none; CSS rule: It prevents the 'ghost
image' when dragging in Chrome, replacing the preventDefault calls in
your demo.

That said, there seems to be a bug in qooxdoo where the mere existence
of a trackstart handler breaks the event handling so that track events
are fired even after the button is released. Could you please open a
report for this issue?

Regards,
Daniel