qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

paragasu
I just upgraded my qooxdoo to 4.2 via git.

I found out that the qx.ui.window.Window() close button not visible
but i can click on it (top right corner) to close the window.

The button is visible before i upgrade.
Anyone encounter this issue or just me.

Re: qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

Richard Sternagel
Hey paragasu,

after pulling the newest commit available (0249bd9) and switching to the
playground ("cd application/playground") and building it ("./generate.py
build") the window demo works as expected.
Can you try again, or describe your problem better?

Which platform/browser/version combination are you using? Can you paste
the result of "./generate.py info" and "git log -1 --oneline" here?

Regards
Richard

Re: qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

paragasu
Hi Richard,

> $generate.py info

    Executing: info
>>> Environment information
  - Platform: Linux debian 8.0
  - Python version: 2.7.9 (default, Mar  1 2015, 12:57:24)
[GCC 4.9.2]
  - qooxdoo path: /home/rogon/qooxdoo/4.2
  - Framework version: 4.2
  - Kit looks OK: True
  - Looking for generated versions...
    - Build version generated: True
    - Source version generated: True
  - Cache settings
    - Compile cache path is: /tmp/qx4.2/cache
      - Existing directory: True
      - Cache file revision: 19473415
      - Elements in cache: 2116
    - Download cache path is: /tmp/qx4.2/cache/downloads
      - Existing directory: False
>>> Done (0m00.15)

> $git log -1 --oneline
0249bd9 [BUG #9043] Allow binding of non existing properties

The issue appear consistent in Google Chrome 42.0.2311.50 beta and Mozilla Firefox 39.0a2

I write a simple test using the following code http://pastebin.com/x0qWzuXq

Also produce the same things.
Using firebug & google tools.. i can confirm that the image file window-captionbar-buttons-combined.png is loaded  but it is not shown.

Thank you.

window.png (2K) Download Attachment

Re: qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

Richard Sternagel
Hey paragasu,

hmm, very strange - I've no problematic setting spotted.

* Do you get 404-errors in the browser
console for the images?

* What does "win.getShowClose()" provide?
And does "win.setShowClose(true)" work?

* When using the inspector of your browser, on the source version
of your app, does it show a "qx.ui.form.Button" with a
"qx.ui.basic.Image" inside?

Regards
Richards

Re: qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

paragasu
Hi Richard,

> * Do you get 404-errors in the browser
> console for the images?
There is not 404 errors. I can hover to the image file shown in the developer tools css console and it display the png file fine.
By the way, not just the close button.. the min & max button also not shown.

> * What does "win.getShowClose()" provide?
> And does "win.setShowClose(true)" work?
win.getShowClose() return true. and win.setShowClose() doesn't work.

>  * When using the inspector of your browser, on the source version
> of your app, does it show a "qx.ui.form.Button" with a
> "qx.ui.basic.Image" inside?
The qx.ui.form.Button is there & the qx.ui.basic Image also there

I attach the screenshot of google & firefox here.

Regards,
paragasu

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Richard Sternagel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey paragasu,

hmm, very strange - I've no problematic setting spotted.

* Do you get 404-errors in the browser
console for the images?

* What does "win.getShowClose()" provide?
And does "win.setShowClose(true)" work?

* When using the inspector of your browser, on the source version
of your app, does it show a "qx.ui.form.Button" with a
"qx.ui.basic.Image" inside?

Regards
Richards

Re: qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

Richard Sternagel
Hey paragasu,

please zip your app and put it in your dropbox.
I'll have a look at it.

Regards
Richard

Re: qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

paragasu
Hi Richard,

Here is the link to download the application test zip i used for the screenshot.

Regards,
paragasu

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Richard Sternagel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey paragasu,

please zip your app and put it in your dropbox.
I'll have a look at it.

Regards
Richard

Re: qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

paragasu
Hey Richard,

I just notice that the qx.ui.Table icon on the right side (icon to display hidden column) is also not showing.

Regards,
paragasu

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 7:45 PM, paragasu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Richard,

Here is the link to download the application test zip i used for the screenshot.

Regards,
paragasu

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Richard Sternagel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey paragasu,

please zip your app and put it in your dropbox.
I'll have a look at it.

Regards
Richard

Re: qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

Richard Sternagel
Hey paragasu,

there was a commit which introduced, the following CSS-Rule:

background-size: 100% auto;

This is the culprit. Ironically, this was fixed again some days
ago - so just update your git clone and everything should work again.

Regards
Richard

Re: qx.ui.window.Window close button not visible

paragasu
Hey Richard,

It works. It fixed now.

Thank you,