qx.ui.tree.Tree

Petr Kobalíček
Hi again :-)

Sorry if I'm posting too many posts about qooxdoo, but there is too many things I want to know :)

I'm today played with qx.ui.tree.Tree widget and some things are for nonunderstandable.

If I create instance of Tree, tree itself is a root node, this is quite good and like it, but my question is, how
different is this:

tree = new qx.ui.tree.Tree();
if (!tree.getItems().length) {}

and:

tree = new qx.ui.tree.Tree();
if (!tree.hasContent()) {}

These two snipets will behave differently and it cost some time for me to invent this:)

If this was already discussed or this will be different in 0.8, sorry:-)

petr kobalicek schrieb:

> I'm looked at sources and now I understand this behavior, but I thing
> that's not logic. I also looked at the latest trunk and it seems that
> new getChildren() will be more useable for me :)
>
> 2008/7/1 petr kobalicek <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     To be correct. I'm getting that getItems() will return itself +
>     all children appended to it.
>
>     2008/7/1 petr kobalicek <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>         Hi again :-)
>
>         Sorry if I'm posting too many posts about qooxdoo, but there
>         is too many things I want to know :)
>
>         I'm today played with qx.ui.tree.Tree widget and some things
>         are for nonunderstandable.
>
>         If I create instance of Tree, tree itself is a root node, this
>         is quite good and like it, but my question is, how
>         different is this:
>
>         tree = new qx.ui.tree.Tree();
>         if (!tree.getItems().length) {}
>
>         and:
>
>         tree = new qx.ui.tree.Tree();
>         if (!tree.hasContent()) {}
>
>         These two snipets will behave differently and it cost some
>         time for me to invent this:)
>
>         If this was already discussed or this will be different in
>         0.8, sorry:-)

This will be more sane on 0.8 :-)

Best fabian

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss