qx.ui.embed.Html and tabIndex

Dave Baggett
I've embedded a TinyMCE instance inside a qx.ui.html.Embed. Typing tab inside this instance does nothing; I'd like it to do the usual qooxdoo tab-to-focus thing. Is there something special about qx.ui.html.Embed that prevents it from listening for tabs like normal widgets?

Dave

Re: qx.ui.embed.Html and tabIndex

Daniel Wagner
Administrator
Hi Dave,

to make tab focusing work inside the html.Embed, you have to stop the
event's propagation, else qooxdoo's focus handler will try to focus the
next widget:

       embed.addListener("keypress", function(e) {
         if (e.getKeyIdentifier() == "Tab") {
           e.stopPropagation();
         }
       }, this);

Regards,
Daniel

Dave Baggett schrieb:
> I've embedded a TinyMCE instance inside a qx.ui.html.Embed. Typing tab inside
> this instance does nothing; I'd like it to do the usual qooxdoo tab-to-focus
> thing. Is there something special about qx.ui.html.Embed that prevents it
> from listening for tabs like normal widgets?
>
> Dave

Re: qx.ui.embed.Html and tabIndex

nhduong29
Hi Daniel, when you use e.stopPropagation(), all event heve been stop. in this case you do not set the focus into any element inside the html.embed. How to stop the event's propagation but we can focus insde the html.embed