qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

Peter Schneider
Hi there,

whenever fadeOut() and fadeIn() are issued on "text-input" elements, it seems
that no more input focus handling is done on that element.

However if the fading is done on the button e.g. the click still works

Here's a simple playground example to demonstrate this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short-URL: http://tinyurl.com/hukglgt
------------------------------------------------------------------------
var help1 = new qx.ui.basic.Label(
   "Once the input is faded-out and -in again<br/>" +
   "the input can not get focus again!").set({ rich: true });

var button1 = new qx.ui.form.Button("fade");
var input1 = new qx.ui.form.TextField();

button1.addListener("execute", function ()
{
   input1.fadeOut().addListener("end", function () {
     input1.fadeIn();
   });
});

var doc = this.getRoot();
doc.add(button1, {left: 20, top: 20});
doc.add(input1 , {left: 20, top: 60});
doc.add(help1  , {left: 140, top: 20});
------------------------------------------------------------------------


I think this is a bug. Or am I doin' it wrong
   fadeOut -> listener("end") -> fadeIn

Regards,
   Peter

--

** Unsere Veranstaltungen 2016 - Termine vormerken!
Logimat, Stuttgart in Halle 7, Stand A05 8.-10.3.2016
T-Matik, Greven 10.05.2016
InnoMATIK 2016, 4. Innovationsforum Telematik 18.-19.05.2016
 >> Um Anmeldung wird gebeten: http://tis-innomatik.de/
BWVL-Jahrestagung im Oktober 2016

** Kennen Sie schon unseren Blog?
telematics-magazine.com

** Interesse an unseren Unternehmensneuigkeiten? >> Newsletteranmeldung:
http://www.tis-gmbh.de/de/newsletter/anmeldung 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

Dietrich Streifert
Hi Peter,

yes this seems to be a bug. I don't think you're doing something wrong.

As a workarraound you could use animation based on qx.bom.element.Animation:

http://tinyurl.com/znwl9zs

Regards
Dietrich

Am 01.02.2016 um 10:44 schrieb Peter Schneider:

> Hi there,
>
> whenever fadeOut() and fadeIn() are issued on "text-input" elements, it seems
> that no more input focus handling is done on that element.
>
> However if the fading is done on the button e.g. the click still works
>
> Here's a simple playground example to demonstrate this:
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Short-URL: http://tinyurl.com/hukglgt
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> var help1 = new qx.ui.basic.Label(
>     "Once the input is faded-out and -in again<br/>" +
>     "the input can not get focus again!").set({ rich: true });
>
> var button1 = new qx.ui.form.Button("fade");
> var input1 = new qx.ui.form.TextField();
>
> button1.addListener("execute", function ()
> {
>     input1.fadeOut().addListener("end", function () {
>       input1.fadeIn();
>     });
> });
>
> var doc = this.getRoot();
> doc.add(button1, {left: 20, top: 20});
> doc.add(input1 , {left: 20, top: 60});
> doc.add(help1  , {left: 140, top: 20});
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> I think this is a bug. Or am I doin' it wrong
>     fadeOut -> listener("end") -> fadeIn
>
> Regards,
>     Peter
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

Peter Schneider
Hi Dietrich,

thanks for the work-around.
Although it behaves a little bit different (you can still edit the input
TextField while fading) it is a valid option.

Should I issue a bug for the original problem? Or is this problem "to remote"
so that it won't be addressed soon anyway?

Regards,
   Peter


Am 2/2/2016 um 10:50 AM schrieb Dietrich Streifert:

> Hi Peter,
>
> yes this seems to be a bug. I don't think you're doing something wrong.
>
> As a workarraound you could use animation based on qx.bom.element.Animation:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/znwl9zs
>
> Regards
> Dietrich
>
> Am 01.02.2016 um 10:44 schrieb Peter Schneider:
>> [...]
>

--

** Unsere Veranstaltungen 2016 - Termine vormerken!
Logimat, Stuttgart in Halle 7, Stand A05 8.-10.3.2016
T-Matik, Greven 10.05.2016
InnoMATIK 2016, 4. Innovationsforum Telematik 18.-19.05.2016
 >> Um Anmeldung wird gebeten: http://tis-innomatik.de/
BWVL-Jahrestagung im Oktober 2016

** Kennen Sie schon unseren Blog?
telematics-magazine.com

** Interesse an unseren Unternehmensneuigkeiten? >> Newsletteranmeldung:
http://www.tis-gmbh.de/de/newsletter/anmeldung 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

Dietrich Streifert
Please open a bug in bugzilla so this does not get lost and please
include my workaround there. This may help others finding a solution.

Regarding the edit-ability during fade: you can simply set the fading
widget to readOnly = true before animation and back to false afterwards.

It may be helpful to create a mixin which provides the method myFadeIn
and myFadeOut which mimics the original fadeIn and fadeOut using
qx.bom.element.Animation and mix it into qx.ui.core.Widget or even
override the original methods in derivates of qx.ui.core.Widget.

Regards
Dietrich

Am 02.02.2016 um 12:55 schrieb Peter Schneider:

> Hi Dietrich,
>
> thanks for the work-around.
> Although it behaves a little bit different (you can still edit the input
> TextField while fading) it is a valid option.
>
> Should I issue a bug for the original problem? Or is this problem "to remote"
> so that it won't be addressed soon anyway?
>
> Regards,
>     Peter
>
>
> Am 2/2/2016 um 10:50 AM schrieb Dietrich Streifert:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> yes this seems to be a bug. I don't think you're doing something wrong.
>>
>> As a workarraound you could use animation based on qx.bom.element.Animation:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/znwl9zs
>>
>> Regards
>> Dietrich
>>
>> Am 01.02.2016 um 10:44 schrieb Peter Schneider:
>>> [...]


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

kreimer
Hi there, here is another workaround, maybe it gives some clue for resolving the bug:

http://tinyurl.com/hnfl55v

Cheers

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

Dietrich Streifert
That was a good catch!

It seems that in method fadeOut

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/release_5_0_1/framework/source/class/qx/html/Element.js#L1588

on animation end this.hide() is explicitly called, where on fadeIn
this.show() is not called:

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/release_5_0_1/framework/source/class/qx/html/Element.js#L1557

I'll propos this fix:

     https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/167

@Peter: could you please check if this fixes the issue for you? Thank
you. And please open up the bugzilla issue so we can interconnect the PR
and the issue with each other.



Am 02.02.2016 um 15:16 schrieb kreimer:

> Hi there, here is another workaround, maybe it gives some clue for resolving
> the bug:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/hnfl55v
>
> Cheers
>
>
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

Dietrich Streifert
Hey Peter,

It would be nice to have this issue in bugzilla and to have some
feedback if the pull request below fixes the issue.

Thank you.

Regards
Dietrich


Am 02.02.2016 um 15:37 schrieb Dietrich Streifert:
> I'll propos this fix:
>
> https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/167
>
> @Peter: could you please check if this fixes the issue for you? Thank
> you. And please open up the bugzilla issue so we can interconnect the
> PR and the issue with each other.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

Peter Schneider
Sorry for the delay, lots to do here...

Nevertheless, here's the bug:
   http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9251

..and the proposed pull request seems to do the job (as far as I can tell)

/Peter


Am 2/3/2016 um 3:09 PM schrieb Dietrich Streifert:

> Hey Peter,
>
> It would be nice to have this issue in bugzilla and to have some
> feedback if the pull request below fixes the issue.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards
> Dietrich
>
>
> Am 02.02.2016 um 15:37 schrieb Dietrich Streifert:
>> I'll propos this fix:
>>
>> https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/167
>>
>> @Peter: could you please check if this fixes the issue for you? Thank
>> you. And please open up the bugzilla issue so we can interconnect the
>> PR and the issue with each other.
>[...]

--

** Unsere Veranstaltungen 2016 - Termine vormerken!
Logimat, Stuttgart in Halle 7, Stand A05 8.-10.3.2016
T-Matik, Greven 10.05.2016
InnoMATIK 2016, 4. Innovationsforum Telematik 18.-19.05.2016
 >> Um Anmeldung wird gebeten: http://tis-innomatik.de/
BWVL-Jahrestagung im Oktober 2016

** Kennen Sie schon unseren Blog?
telematics-magazine.com

** Interesse an unseren Unternehmensneuigkeiten? >> Newsletteranmeldung:
http://www.tis-gmbh.de/de/newsletter/anmeldung 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qx.ui.core.Widget#fadeIn / #fadeOut issue

Dietrich Streifert
Thank you Peter.

Am 03.02.2016 um 18:11 schrieb Peter Schneider:

> Sorry for the delay, lots to do here...
>
> Nevertheless, here's the bug:
>     http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9251
>
> ..and the proposed pull request seems to do the job (as far as I can tell)
>
> /Peter
>
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel