qx.ui.basic.Atom (More than one label possible?)

qx.ui.basic.Atom (More than one label possible?)

DTeCH
this.blabla_blaaah = new qx.ui.basic.Atom('1st label', '2nd label', '3rd label', 'http://my.awesome.pic/ture.png') Is the above possible? I tried the grid, but i'm too new to this to get it to work :( My current implementation of Atom works, but I decided to ad a few extra lines of info for site users to the right of the image, but have no idea how to go about it. I saw on the documentation site for qx.ui.Layout.Atom that it supports more than 2 children, but is it talking about something else, or does it mean it can take more labels? Right now, I'm 10 feet below noob, & the docs say nothing more on the stated claim. No specifics. Can someone help, or explain what it means, or show some kind of link, or post an example please? :(

Re: qx.ui.basic.Atom (More than one label possible?)

slah
Hello,
why don't use a container with HBox layout and insert as much lables, icons into it?

var cont = new qx.ui.container.Composite();
cont.setLayout(new qx.ui.layout.HBox());
cont.add(new qx.ui.basic.label("1st label"));
cont.add(new qx.ui.basic.label("2nd label"));
cont.add(new qx.ui.basic.label("3rd label", "http://my.awesome.pic/ture.png");

anyway could you mind posting a playground example of what you're trying to achieve?

Regards,

DTeCH wrote
this.blabla_blaaah = new qx.ui.basic.Atom('1st label', '2nd label', '3rd label', 'http://my.awesome.pic/ture.png')

Is the above possible?

I tried the grid, but i'm too new to this to get it to work :(

My current implementation of Atom works, but I decided to ad a few extra lines of info for site users to the right of the image, but have no idea how to go about it.

I saw on the documentation site for qx.ui.Layout.Atom that it supports more than 2 children, but is it talking about something else, or does it mean it can take more labels?

Right now, I'm 10 feet below noob, & the docs say nothing more on the stated claim. No specifics. Can someone help, or explain what it means, or show some kind of link, or post an example please? :(

Re: qx.ui.basic.Atom (More than one label possible?)

DTeCH
Hello slah :)

It's for a UserScript for an Online game... Tiberium Alliances.

There is an in-game popup that displays your base info, & I've adding to that popup via OnAppear event.

I want this particular Atom item to not just show the image of the biggest enemy base in range, & enemy base count in range, but also the defence level of your base, as well as offence level of the biggest enemy base in range.

If a player decides to move their base to a new location, then while they are moving the mouse to the new location, an info window follows the mouse, & I have added to that as well to let the player know what that spot has around it.

 Needs 2 more label's for that... well more than 2 for decorational purposes, but you get the drift.

XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX   Required Defence level:   34
XXXXXXXXXX   Your Defence Level:        31
XXXXXXXXXX   Enemy Offence Level:     29
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX   27 Enemy Bases in range
XXXXXXXXXX

Currently, the Atom just shows:

XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX   27 Enemy Bases in range
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

this.blabla_blaaah = new qx.ui.basic.Atom('1st label', 'http://my.awesome.pic/ture.png')

I know the grid can do much better, especially with it's grid, collumns, row, rowspan, colspan, & all that good stuff, but I managed to get it to work once before, but never again. It give me errors about "can't add manually", or something. In frustration, i deleted all it's code, so back to square one... Atom. :)

If it just had the ability to accept more labels, it would be amazing. :D

Something like:

this.blabla_blaaah = new qx.ui.basic.Atom(3, '1st label', '2nd label', '3rd label', 'http://my.awesome.pic/ture.png')

the 3 could be optional, & let's the control know that we want 3 labels, & 1 image. It can also have a limit, of maybe 5 labels?

Could access it like...

this.blabla_blaaah.setText1('First label to the rescue!');
this.blabla_blaaah.setText2('Second label is better!');
this.blabla_blaaah.setText3('Third label is best!');
this.blabla_blaaah.setIcon('http://www.secret.com/bill_gates/atm/card/pin_code.jpg');

Anyway, I really just want all info relating to the base being shown in the image to be on the right of that image, not under, because the more things added, the greater the chance the little info popup will go off the top, & bottom of the screen, hiding elements. It's height is already questionable.

Re: qx.ui.basic.Atom (More than one label possible?)

slah
Hello,
you may use the rich property of the atom, so your label is pure html. There's also the iconPosition property you may use, more details in [1].

see this example: http://tinyurl.com/nssxfvh

[1] http://demo.qooxdoo.org/4.1/apiviewer/#qx.ui.basic.Atom

DTeCH wrote
[...]

Phyo Arkar
You seem to be sending private emails to qxdoo mailing list.