Quantcast

qx-testrunner-selenium. Selenium RC adaptation of qx-phantom.js

qx-testrunner-selenium. Selenium RC adaptation of qx-phantom.js

rcosgrove
Hi all

I have been using a modified version of qx-phantom as part of a CI workflow in a project for a while now.  I thought I would make it available in case anyone else has similar ideas.  Nothing against Phantom, this is just an alternative.  Our CI environment is already tooled up with Selenium/Python bindings but getting Phantom on it was entirely impractical. Especially since at the time there were no 2.x binary releases.    In addition to running testrunner and returning the fail count it will optionally dump the full report as json, xml (jUnit) or readable.

https://github.com/areaycee/qx-testrunner-selenium

Re: qx-testrunner-selenium. Selenium RC adaptation of qx-phantom.js

oetiker
Hi Robert

cool ...

in recent weeks we have started working on travis integration for
qooxdoo, there is a spearate phantom integration in the qooxdoo
repo (check out https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/.travis.yml)

ideally we would have one versatile qooxdoo test runner ...

unfortunately ours still has issues on travis ... it sometimes just
hangs ...

cheers
tobi

Monday Robert Cosgrove wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have been using a modified version of qx-phantom as part of a CI workflow
> in a project for a while now.  I thought I would make it available in case
> anyone else has similar ideas.  Nothing against Phantom, this is just an
> alternative.  Our CI environment is already tooled up with Selenium/Python
> bindings but getting Phantom on it was entirely impractical. Especially
> since at the time there were no 2.x binary releases.    In addition to
> running testrunner and returning the fail count it will optionally dump the
> full report as json, xml (jUnit) or readable.
>
> https://github.com/areaycee/qx-testrunner-selenium

> Robert Cosgrove

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: qx-testrunner-selenium. Selenium RC adaptation of qx-phantom.js

Cajus Pollmeier
A little status update on that. We're currently fixing the qooxdoo
tests to run. That is not the case, even if you start it within the gui
test runner in the moment. We're down to 13 failing tests now (from >
200 on chrome).

I'm going to remove the phantomjs stuff from travis because it's
broken. Instead we've picked up the existing karma-qooxdoo adapter anr
are happily running the tests with karma now in various browsers.
Tobias Bräutigam pushed karma-qooxdoo to npm, so it will be easy to use
and is pure js. No python, no java, etc.

Not yet 100% ready, but... ;-)

Cheers,
Cajus

Am Mittwoch, den 20.04.2016, 14:17 +0200 schrieb Tobias Oetiker:

> Hi Robert
>
> cool ...
>
> in recent weeks we have started working on travis integration for
> qooxdoo, there is a spearate phantom integration in the qooxdoo
> repo (check out https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/.travi
> s.yml)
>
> ideally we would have one versatile qooxdoo test runner ...
>
> unfortunately ours still has issues on travis ... it sometimes just
> hangs ...
>
> cheers
> tobi
>
> Monday Robert Cosgrove wrote:
>

> > Hi all
> >
> > I have been using a modified version of qx-phantom as part of a CI
> > workflow
> > in a project for a while now.  I thought I would make it available
> > in case
> > anyone else has similar ideas.  Nothing against Phantom, this is
> > just an
> > alternative.  Our CI environment is already tooled up with
> > Selenium/Python
> > bindings but getting Phantom on it was entirely impractical.
> > Especially
> > since at the time there were no 2.x binary releases.    In addition
> > running testrunner and returning the fail count it will optionally
> > dump the
> > full report as json, xml (jUnit) or readable.
> >
> > https://github.com/areaycee/qx-testrunner-selenium

> > Robert Cosgrove
> > [hidden email]

Re: qx-testrunner-selenium. Selenium RC adaptation of qx-phantom.js

oetiker
Hi Cajus

Today Cajus Pollmeier wrote:

> A little status update on that. We're currently fixing the qooxdoo
> tests to run. That is not the case, even if you start it within the gui
> test runner in the moment. We're down to 13 failing tests now (from >
> 200 on chrome).
>
> I'm going to remove the phantomjs stuff from travis because it's
> broken. Instead we've picked up the existing karma-qooxdoo adapter anr
> are happily running the tests with karma now in various browsers.
> Tobias Bräutigam pushed karma-qooxdoo to npm, so it will be easy to use
> and is pure js. No python, no java, etc.
great ... so we will have multi browser testing on travis with real
browsers ... waaaaay cool!

https://karma-runner.github.io/0.8/plus/Travis-CI.html

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: qx-testrunner-selenium. Selenium RC adaptation of qx-phantom.js

Cajus Pollmeier
Yeah. That's the plan... And maybe use SauceLabs to test on various
additional browsers. I mean some not so widely depolyed like IE and
edge ;-)