"changeSelection" event behaviour for a different selectionMode

"changeSelection" event behaviour for a different selectionMode

kirra5
Hi,

I found another situation where I am not sure if it is meant to be like this or if it is a bug.

Situation:
We set "selectionMode" of the table selectionModel to 3 or 4, like shown in the example below. Then we listen the "changeSelection" event. The event will be fired in this cases:
1) When we click another row (ok).
2) When we click another column inside the same row (here I am not sure, if it is ok. But it doesn't look right).
3) When we click the same cell again and again (this is definitely a bug).

Example:
I added a spinner below the table, which increases each time the event is fired.
http://goo.gl/XmQmMG

Thank you for help!

Re: "changeSelection" event behaviour for a different selectionMode

Daniel Wagner

On 19.03.2015 10:47, kirra5 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found another situation where I am not sure if it is meant to be like this
> or if it is a bug.
>
> Situation:
> We set "selectionMode" of the table selectionModel to 3 or 4, like shown in
> the example below. Then we listen the "changeSelection" event. The event
> will be fired in this cases:
> 1) When we click another row (ok).
> 2) When we click another column inside the same row (here I am not sure, if
> it is ok. But it doesn't look right).

AFAIK, the selection is based on rows not cells, so this behavior is wrong.

> 3) When we click the same cell again and again (this is definitely a bug).

Agreed. Could you please open a bug report?

Regards.
Daniel

> Example:
> I added a spinner below the table, which increases each time the event is
> fired.
> http://goo.gl/XmQmMG
>
> Thank you for help!

Re: "changeSelection" event behaviour for a different selectionMode

kirra5
Hi

Thank you! I opened a bug report.

Regards