"Developing with Eclipse" documentation seems to be outdated

"Developing with Eclipse" documentation seems to be outdated

Enfant De Poy
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to install the Qooxdoo plugin for Eclipse to easily start a
custom widget, but what is teached à this link
(http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.8/developing_with_eclipse#pre-packaged_eclipse_for_qooxdoo)
does not work or seems to be outdated.

There's no 'Qooxdoo Development' under the web profile, on the Yoxos
distribution.

Can I have an help?

Thank you all.

[I'm running Eclipse 3.5.1 (Yoxos distribution) under Windows 7ven 64bits]

Re: "Developing with Eclipse" documentation seems to beoutdated

Enfant De Poy
Hum!
I feel that people here only speak tho those they know.
As a first contact, is not encouraging! :(

"Enfant De Poy" <[hidden email]> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : hfhuj0$ba$[hidden email]...

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm trying to install the Qooxdoo plugin for Eclipse to easily start a
> custom widget, but what is teached à this link
> (http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.8/developing_with_eclipse#pre-packaged_eclipse_for_qooxdoo)
> does not work or seems to be outdated.
>
> There's no 'Qooxdoo Development' under the web profile, on the Yoxos
> distribution.
>
> Can I have an help?
>
> Thank you all.
>
> [I'm running Eclipse 3.5.1 (Yoxos distribution) under Windows 7ven 64bits]

> Join us December 9, 2009 for the Red Hat Virtual Experience,
> a free event focused on virtualization and cloud computing.
> Attend in-depth sessions from your desk. Your couch. Anywhere.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev

Re: "Developing with Eclipse" documentation seems to beoutdated

Gene Amtower
It is likely that using the Qooxdoo plugin for Eclipse is not a common scenario within the Qooxdoo community, so it might take a little time before a ML reader who uses this Eclipse functionality responds to your question.  If you asked a question specific to a Qooxdoo feature, I'm sure you would have gotten a much faster response.

Please be patient, and someone will answer if there's anyone else out there using the Eclipse plugin that you've asked about.  FWIW, I read the description in the documentation when you sent your email earlier, and from that documentation, it sounds like it should just work as explained, but I've never tried it out myself.  Hopefully, someone will come along soon that knows why it's not working as expected.

Sorry for the wait,

   Gene

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 03:44 +0100, Enfant De Poy wrote:
Hum!
I feel that people here only speak tho those they know.
As a first contact, is not encouraging! :(

"Enfant De Poy" <[hidden email]> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : [hidden email]...
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm trying to install the Qooxdoo plugin for Eclipse to easily start a
> custom widget, but what is teached à this link
> (http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.8/developing_with_eclipse#pre-packaged_eclipse_for_qooxdoo)
> does not work or seems to be outdated.
>
> There's no 'Qooxdoo Development' under the web profile, on the Yoxos
> distribution.
>
> Can I have an help?
>
> Thank you all.
>
> [I'm running Eclipse 3.5.1 (Yoxos distribution) under Windows 7ven 64bits]

> Join us December 9, 2009 for the Red Hat Virtual Experience,
> a free event focused on virtualization and cloud computing.
> Attend in-depth sessions from your desk. Your couch. Anywhere.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev

Re: "Developing with Eclipse" documentation seems to beoutdated

Chakotey STME
Hi,

I have the same problem.
Is there anybody who has the solution?

Thanks

chakoteystme

2009/12/8 Gene Amtower <[hidden email]>
It is likely that using the Qooxdoo plugin for Eclipse is not a common scenario within the Qooxdoo community, so it might take a little time before a ML reader who uses this Eclipse functionality responds to your question.  If you asked a question specific to a Qooxdoo feature, I'm sure you would have gotten a much faster response.

Please be patient, and someone will answer if there's anyone else out there using the Eclipse plugin that you've asked about.  FWIW, I read the description in the documentation when you sent your email earlier, and from that documentation, it sounds like it should just work as explained, but I've never tried it out myself.  Hopefully, someone will come along soon that knows why it's not working as expected.

Sorry for the wait,

   Gene

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 03:44 +0100, Enfant De Poy wrote:
Hum!
I feel that people here only speak tho those they know.
As a first contact, is not encouraging! :(

"Enfant De Poy" <[hidden email]> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : [hidden email]...
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm trying to install the Qooxdoo plugin for Eclipse to easily start a
> custom widget, but what is teached à this link
> (http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.8/developing_with_eclipse#pre-packaged_eclipse_for_qooxdoo)
> does not work or seems to be outdated.
>
> There's no 'Qooxdoo Development' under the web profile, on the Yoxos
> distribution.
>
> Can I have an help?
>
> Thank you all.
>
> [I'm running Eclipse 3.5.1 (Yoxos distribution) under Windows 7ven 64bits]

> Join us December 9, 2009 for the Red Hat Virtual Experience,
> a free event focused on virtualization and cloud computing.
> Attend in-depth sessions from your desk. Your couch. Anywhere.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/redhat-sfdev2dev

Re: "Developing with Eclipse" documentation seems to beoutdated

Andreas Ecker
Hi chakoteystme,

the wiki page mentioned has quite some stale information. Therefore a
note was added a while ago. Given the current state of input, it indeed
isn't of much use and tends to confuse readers.

I'm going to remove it from the 1.0 manual until there is some more
useful information in the future.

Bye,

Andreas