question about problem with command and table

question about problem with command and table

rsantiagopaz
I reproduce a little problem I have in my projects, from early Qoxdoo versions and 3.x included.

Try this
http://tinyurl.com/l6cumlo
, select a item from the list, and call popup with any of this actions:
1) double click in item list
2) using right click mouse and context menu
3) press Enter key

With Chrome works all fine. But with Firefox, if you use 3), the edit start at the second row, not the first.
I try but never found a solution for this, and I use a lot of this context menus, commands and tables for quick editions and operations.
Is there any easy posible solution/trick? Thanks.

Re: question about problem with command and table

Daniel Wagner

it looks like what's happening is that the edited cell receives the
focus while the Enter key event is still being processed. This triggers
the table's own keypress handler which puts the next row into editing mode.

A simple workaround would be to call startEditing asynchronously so that
the event is fully processed first:

http://tinyurl.com/pqvzhmt

I'll try to find out why this only happens in Firefox. It's probably a
timing issue we have little influence over, but maybe there's a way to
prevent it.

Regards,
Daniel

On 26.08.2013 21:41, rsantiagopaz wrote:

> I reproduce a little problem I have in my projects, from early Qoxdoo
> versions and 3.x included.
>
> Try this
> http://tinyurl.com/l6cumlo
> , select a item from the list, and call popup with any of this actions:
> 1) double click in item list
> 2) using right click mouse and context menu
> 3) press Enter key
>
> With Chrome works all fine. But with Firefox, if you use 3), the edit start
> at the second row, not the first.
> I try but never found a solution for this, and I use a lot of this context
> menus, commands and tables for quick editions and operations.
> Is there any easy posible solution/trick? Thanks.

Re: question about problem with command and table

rsantiagopaz
http://tinyurl.com/pqvzhmt

Perfecto. So easy!. ...Sometimes the brain is blocked..