question about QxJqPlot

rsantiagopaz
Hi (sorry the english)

I was using QxJqPlot. Beautiful. I not have any problem.

But now I want to catch the jqplotDataClick event (for example), from JqPlot library, to add some extra functionality. This event is not wrapped in QxJqPlot.
I was reading and studing the library and trying use QxJqPlot and plain javascript to catch the event somehow, I suspect it should be easy. But still I can not do it.
Anyone has experience with this? This is posible?
thanks

Re: question about QxJqPlot

Dietrich Streifert
Hey,

you have to forward the events of jqplot via fireDataEvent.

For the jqplotDataClick event after canvas creation you do something like:

jQuery('#mysomehownamedcanvasid').bind('jqplotDataClick',
qx.lang.Function.bind(
    function(e, seriesIndex, pointIndex, data) {
       // this.debug('_jqplotDataClickHandler: seriesIndex: ' +
seriesIndex + ', pointIndex: ' + pointIndex);
       this.fireDataEvent('dataClick',
{seriesIndex:seriesIndex,pointIndex:pointIndex,data:data});
     },
myBoundContextWidget));

In your class  definition for the myBoundContext widget you should
declare the event dataClick:

   events : {
     dataClick: 'qx.event.type.Data'
   },

Now you should be able to listen to the dataClick event:

     myBoundContextWidget.addListener('dataClick',
function(e) {
             var clickData = e.getData();
             ... do whatever you need to do with the data ...
         }
     );

Regards
Dietrich