queryCurrentUrl() always return NULL

jhonny thio
hi, i want to build a browser within a browser with qooxdoo..

what command to get the present URL from the Iframe ?

I have use getSource (it only return the URL that we SET), example :

I go to ===> http://www.google.com, than I fill the search in google with word "hero".

if I use the getSource, it will return http://www.google.com and it false...

because the right one is http://www.google.co.id/search?hl=id&q=hero&btnG=Telusuri+dengan+Google&meta=

If I use queryCurrentUrl(), it always return NULL. any other command ?

Re: queryCurrentUrl() always return NULL

Noggin182
This is because of the security put in place by the browser. If this is
only for yourself you could change the security settings of your
browser, otherwise you will have to proxy everything through your own
server.

====> how to change and in what option ?

otherwise you will have to proxy everything through your own
server.
=====> what it mean? I still dont understand...I am a newbie..

Thank you very much

jhonny thio wrote:

> hi, i want to build a browser within a browser with qooxdoo..
>
> what command to get the present URL from the Iframe ?
>
> I have use getSource (it only return the URL that we SET), example :
>
> I go to ===> http://www.google.com, than I fill the search in google
> with word "hero".
>
> if I use the getSource, it will return http://www.google.com and it false...
>
> because the right one is
> http://www.google.co.id/search?hl=id&q=hero&btnG=Telusuri+dengan+Google&meta=
>

> If I use queryCurrentUrl(), it always return NULL. any other command ?

Re: queryCurrentUrl() always return NULL

Noggin182
Comments inline

jhonny thio wrote:
> This is because of the security put in place by the browser.
> If this is only for yourself you could change the security settings of your
> browser
> ====> how to change and in what option ?

I am not sure of the option, perhaps somebody else can help with this?

> otherwise you will have to proxy everything through your own
> server.
> =====> what it mean? I still dont understand...I am a newbie..

If you were running your application on http://example.com/, this would
involve changing a request for http://www.google.com/ to something along
the lines of http://exmaple.com/fetch?http://www.google.com. Your
'fetch' page would then look at the query string, load www.google.com
server side and then send results back to your client. It is easy in
theory, but you will also need to process the response HTML to adjust
any hyperlinks.

> Thank you very much

Sorry, I still dont understand, why about why queryCurrentUrl() always return NULL ?

> This is because of the security put in place by the browser.
> If this is only for yourself you could change the security settings of your
> browser
> ====> how to change and in what option ?

I am not sure of the option, perhaps somebody else can help with this?

> otherwise you will have to proxy everything through your own
> server.
> =====> what it mean? I still dont understand...I am a newbie..

If you were running your application on http://example.com/, this would
involve changing a request for http://www.google.com/ to something along
the lines of http://exmaple.com/fetch?http://www.google.com. Your
'fetch' page would then look at the query string, load www.google.com
server side and then send results back to your client. It is easy in
theory, but you will also need to process the response HTML to adjust
any hyperlinks.

> Thank you very much

Re: [SPAM] queryCurrentUrl() always return NULL

Jonathan Weiß
Hi Jhonny!

Perhaps you can take this as a foundation for your application.

Cheers,
Jonathan

hi, i want to build a browser within a browser with qooxdoo..

Jonathan Weiß
Framework Engineer

Blog - LinkedIn - XING

Matthew Gregory schrieb:

> Comments inline
>
> jhonny thio wrote:
>
>> This is because of the security put in place by the browser.
>> If this is only for yourself you could change the security settings of your
>> browser
>> ====> how to change and in what option ?
>>

> I am not sure of the option, perhaps somebody else can help with this?

It is not an option. It is a security feaure of the browser and it would
be useless if if you could turn it off.

Best Fabian

>> otherwise you will have to proxy everything through your own
>> server.
>> =====> what it mean? I still dont understand...I am a newbie..
>>

> If you were running your application on http://example.com/, this would
> involve changing a request for http://www.google.com/ to something along
> the lines of http://exmaple.com/fetch?http://www.google.com. Your
> 'fetch' page would then look at the query string, load www.google.com
> server side and then send results back to your client. It is easy in
> theory, but you will also need to process the response HTML to adjust
> any hyperlinks.
>

>> Thank you very much

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss