qooxdoo and server push

Vassili Gontcharov
Hi alls
I look for a possibility to use comet or other possibility to implement push from server with qooxdoo.
I found cometd contribution but if I understand well , this contribution not more supported.

You can advises me on this subject ?

Thank

Re: qooxdoo and server push

Tristan Koch
Hi Vassili,

you might want to take a look at Socket.IO [1].

It provides a client (JavaScript obviously) and server implementation (JavaScript, but other implementations available). There is no contribution yet.

I suggest you load Socket.IO by appending the scripts using the "add-script" job. Once the client-side of Socket.IO is available to your application, you need to think of a way to integrate with qooxdoo. One idea perhaps is to derive from io.request.AbstractRequest, or you can fire data events yourself.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Tristan

[1] http://socket.io/