qooxdoo and material ui

paragasu
I've been looking at material design ui by google http://www.google.com/design/
I like the design since it look profesional and uniform in android platform.

What is your advice on the best way to use the material design ui in qooxdoo project?

Thank you

Thank you
Looks indeed very interesting. But I think this is more to consider by the qooxdoo core team. They should provide 'the material', using the principles as outlined in your link.

Re: qooxdoo and material ui

MartinWittemann
Hey,
I would advice you to start copying a given theme and change all things necessary there. The simple theme should be the best for such a task as its not extended and is not too complex.
If you have anything to show, I would be interested to see. :)
Regards,
Martin

> Am 29.12.2014 um 07:13 schrieb paragasu <[hidden email]>:
>
> I've been looking at material design ui by google http://www.google.com/design/
> I like the design since it look profesional and uniform in android platform.
>
> What is your advice on the best way to use the material design ui in qooxdoo project?
>
> Thank you

Re: qooxdoo and material ui

woprandi
I started from Indigo theme and I think there are not much work to get a flat design. Remove every gradient in the theme and get a flat icons theme and I think you will already have a interesting result

Re: qooxdoo and material ui

Phyo Arkar
I really hate the touch animation of material.
Others are Meh too. It is not really that interesting. Its like a UI
Designed for kids.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 3:24 PM, woprandi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I started from Indigo theme and I think there are not much work to get a flat
> design. Remove every gradient in the theme and get a flat icons theme and I
> think you will already have a interesting result

Re: qooxdoo and material ui

Phyo Arkar
but looking at , http://materializecss.com/ it is much better vs google's UX idea.

What you guys think? I think it will be quite easy to port it to Qooxdoo !

Paragasu if you interested let me know , we can start a repo and work on it.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
I really hate the touch animation of material.
Others are Meh too. It is not really that interesting. Its like a UI
Designed for kids.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 3:24 PM, woprandi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I started from Indigo theme and I think there are not much work to get a flat
> design. Remove every gradient in the theme and get a flat icons theme and I
> think you will already have a interesting result

Re: qooxdoo and material ui

Phyo Arkar
Anyone interested? i am going to give a try , if paragasu already doing lets look into this.