qooxdoo and eclipse

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

qooxdoo and eclipse

Krycek
Hi,

I'm trying to setup eclipse to work with qooxdoo but it looks like there is nothing up to date to aptana. Then I've tried the qxdt plugin. It's to 0.7.2, right? I'm doing some tests with 0.8 (from SVN). After adding javascript support (and select qooxdoo as library) to an existing project (so I guess the plugin is working in my eclipse) it is not validating it right, for instance:

qx.Class.define("skeleton.Application",
{
  extend : qx.application.Standalone,

  members :
  {
    main : function()
    {
          this.base(arguments);
          this._createLayout();
    }
}

It gives "The function base(any) is undefined for the type __anonymous610_3637" error. It's because it's not a 0.7.2 code, I guess, isn't it?

is there any way to use this plugin to work with qooxdoo 0.8? or is there any way to use qooxdoo 0.8 with aptana?

I know that 0.8 is unstable and its API may change, I'm just looking for alternatives for the moment. I couldn't find nothing related to it in the bugzilla.

What are your suggestions to get code completion and others features to use qooxdoo in eclipse?

PS: I don't know if it's a qooxdoo-contrib-devel or qooxdoo-devel question, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

--
Guilherme R. Aiolfi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo and eclipse

Olivier Collioud-3
Hi,

you should take a look at this:

http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/related_projects/aptana_ide

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo and eclipse

thron7
In reply to this post by Krycek
Hi Guilherme,
> I'm trying to setup eclipse to work with qooxdoo but it looks like
> there is nothing up to date to aptana.

Colleagues work with all kinds of set-ups, like vanialla Aptana, or
Eclipse with the Aptana or JSEclipse plug-ins. And "work" means they are
productive. So it's not like nothing is working in Eclipse. It really
depends on your expectations.

> Then I've tried the qxdt plugin. It's to 0.7.2, right?

No, I'm not 100% sure but I would be surprised if it were not being
developed against 0.8.

> I'm doing some tests with 0.8 (from SVN). After adding javascript
> support (and select qooxdoo as library) to an existing project (so I
> guess the plugin is working in my eclipse) it is not validating it
> right, for instance:
>
> qx.Class.define("skeleton.Application",
> {
>   extend : qx.application.Standalone,
>
>   members :
>   {
>     main : function()
>     {
>           this.base(arguments);
>           this._createLayout();
>     }
> }
>
> It gives "The function base(any) is undefined for the type
> __anonymous610_3637" error. It's because it's not a 0.7.2 code, I
> guess, isn't it?

No, especially since nothing has changed in the class definition between
0.7 and 0.8. It's just that the plugin has open issues. And yes, if you
want validation that's probably not working in Aptana with 0.7/0.8 code
either.

>
> is there any way to use this plugin to work with qooxdoo 0.8? or is
> there any way to use qooxdoo 0.8 with aptana?

As I said, you can happily use qooxdoo with Aptana or any of the Eclipse
plugins, as long as you can make it without e.g. validation. But e.g.
the Aptana plugin still provides you with a nice (mostly) outline view
of a qooxdoo class definition.

>
> I know that 0.8 is unstable and its API may change, I'm just looking
> for alternatives for the moment. I couldn't find nothing related to it
> in the bugzilla.

Don't despair. But it's probably a bit too early to file bugs for qsdt I
think the developer is well aware of. But the fact that you have to
complete method names by hand shouldn't keep you from writing 0.8 code,
right ;). If you insist on code completion, then some editors make code
suggestions based on names seen, so they don't depend on internal
validation.

>
> What are your suggestions to get code completion and others features
> to use qooxdoo in eclipse?

I guess the best bet is to keep an eye on qsdt. I expect this will be
the best qooxdoo support once it stabilizes.

Cheers,
Thomas

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel