qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

12

qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Dear qooxdoo community,

two new qooxdoo releases are available! Besides a 3.5.1 patch release, the
most exciting release certainly is the new major release: qooxdoo 4.0. It ships with an new pointer events layer used as foundation for all three widget sets: qx.Website, qx.Mobile and qx.Desktop. With that, all widgets are input device independent now!

For more details, see the corresponding announcements:

http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-3-5-1-released
http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-4-0-released

Many thanks go to the framework core team for another awesome job, and to
you, the community of contributors and users for a great and ongoing
support.

Please help to spread the news: leave comments to the blog post, tweet,
blog, tell your friends and colleagues. Appreciated!

Martin

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

Petr Kobalíček
Congrats!

Just tried in demobrowser. If I click on button, checkbox, basically anything and then try to scroll (by clicking on the handle) it doesn't work first time, have to click once more again.

Is this bug?

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Martin Wittemann <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

There are more things

1. When you drag something (like scrollbar handle) the cursor is changed when it hovers something else (like the splitter, text field, etc...)
2. If you hover a text field while dragging something (like scroll handle again) it gets focus during that drag.

Minor:

1. There is no click effect on scroll bar arrows (stays static)
2. Scrollbar arrows have weird size having some spacing between handle and arrows (it doesn't look so nice).

Just tried in demobrowser:

Maybe it's not up to date?

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Petr Kobalíček <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ed Adasiewicz
This post was updated on .
I am in the process of migrating several apps and the first thing I noticed is that the generate source and build are extremely slow compared to 3.5.

Forget this comment.  It was just slow on the very first build.  Subsequent builds seem to be the same as 3.5.

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

zaucker
Always or just the first run when rebuilding the cache?

Fritz Zaucker
Oetiker+Partner AG
Aarweg 15
CH-4600 Olten
+41 62 775 9903

> Am 05.06.2014 um 22:24 schrieb Ed Adasiewicz <[hidden email]>:
>
> I am in the process of migrating several apps and the first thing I noticed
> is that the generate source and build are extremely slow compared to 3.5.

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

Ed Adasiewicz
It was just the very first run for the very first app.  I also discovered the following:

1.  My desktop apps all appear to work just fine but they are not overly complicated.

2.  The one mobile app that I was just starting to work on looks very different:

a.  Form title is no longer centered horizontally or vertically
b.  Check boxes are positioned after the label rather than over to the right and they are not centered
c.  Toolbar buttons look to be about 2 pixels wide

I tested the mobile app on both ffox/ubuntu 14.04 and chrome nexus7.

I think I will spend some time reading the release notes...

Am 05.06.2014 um 23:20 schrieb Ed Adasiewicz <[hidden email]>:

> It was just the very first run for the very first app.

That is normal behaviour, as the cache must be rebuilt. I believe the generator even emits a message about it.

Cheers,
Fritz

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

Daniel Wagner
Hi Petr,

which browser/OS are you using?

On 05.06.2014 18:29, Petr Kobalíček wrote:

> There are more things
>
> 1. When you drag something (like scrollbar handle) the cursor is changed
> when it hovers something else (like the splitter, text field, etc...)
> 2. If you hover a text field while dragging something (like scroll
> handle again) it gets focus during that drag.
>
> Minor:
>
> 1. There is no click effect on scroll bar arrows (stays static)
> 2. Scrollbar arrows have weird size having some spacing between handle
> and arrows (it doesn't look so nice).
>
> Just tried in demobrowser:
>
>   http://demo.qooxdoo.org/4.0/demobrowser/index.html
>
> Maybe it's not up to date?
>
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Petr Kobalíček <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Congrats!
>
>     Just tried in demobrowser. If I click on button, checkbox, basically
>     anything and then try to scroll (by clicking on the handle) it
>     doesn't work first time, have to click once more again.
>
>     Is this bug?
>
>     On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Martin Wittemann
>
>         Dear qooxdoo community,
>
>         two new qooxdoo releases are available! Besides a 3.5.1 patch
>         release, the
>         most exciting release certainly is the new major release:
>         qooxdoo 4.0. It ships with an new pointer events layer used as
>         foundation for all three widget sets: qx.Website, qx.Mobile and
>         qx.Desktop. With that, all widgets are input device independent now!
>
>         For more details, see the corresponding announcements:
>
>         http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-3-5-1-released
>         http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-4-0-released
>
>         Many thanks go to the framework core team for another awesome
>         job, and to
>         you, the community of contributors and users for a great and ongoing
>         support.
>
>         Please help to spread the news: leave comments to the blog post,
>         tweet,
>         blog, tell your friends and colleagues. Appreciated!
>
>         Martin

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

thron7
Congrats to 4.0!

I was trying to use the new, all Node/JS-based 'source' job, as
advertised in the "Grunt Tooling" section of the release announcement,
but couldn't find a way to invoke it. How do I do that? I understand
it's not the default when you issue 'grunt source', but it is
certainly available somehow, or is it?!

T.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear qooxdoo community,
>
> two new qooxdoo releases are available! Besides a 3.5.1 patch release, the
> most exciting release certainly is the new major release: qooxdoo 4.0. It
> ships with an new pointer events layer used as foundation for all three
> widget sets: qx.Website, qx.Mobile and qx.Desktop. With that, all widgets
> are input device independent now!
>
> For more details, see the corresponding announcements:
>
> http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-3-5-1-released
> http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-4-0-released
>
> Many thanks go to the framework core team for another awesome job, and to
> you, the community of contributors and users for a great and ongoing
> support.
>
> Please help to spread the news: leave comments to the blog post, tweet,
> blog, tell your friends and colleagues. Appreciated!
>
> Martin

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

czuendorf
hi Ed,

did you modify your theming files?

If no, you could easily reset the theming.

Please add the following macros to your config.json:

"compile-scss" :
    {
      "desc"   : "Compile the theme scss once",
      "extend" : ["cache"],
      "let" :
      {
        "QX_MOBILE_THEME_PATH" : "${QOOXDOO_PATH}/framework/source/resource/qx/mobile/scss",
        "QX_SHARED_THEME_PATH" : "${QOOXDOO_PATH}/framework/source/resource/qx/scss",
        "MOBILE_RESOURCE_PATH" : "source/resource/${APPLICATION}"
      },
      "shell" :
      {
        "command" : "sass -C -t compressed -I ${QX_MOBILE_THEME_PATH} -I ${QX_SHARED_THEME_PATH} --update ${MOBILE_RESOURCE_PATH}/scss:${MOBILE_RESOURCE_PATH}/css",
        "command-not-found" : "It seems that Sass (http://sass-lang.com/) is not installed and/or executable, which is needed for the SCSS-compilation."

    "watch-scss" :
    {
      "desc"   : "Watch and compile the theme scss",
      "extend" : ["cache"],
      "let" :
      {
        "QX_MOBILE_THEME_PATH" : "${QOOXDOO_PATH}/framework/source/resource/qx/mobile/scss",
        "QX_SHARED_THEME_PATH" : "${QOOXDOO_PATH}/framework/source/resource/qx/scss",
        "MOBILE_RESOURCE_PATH" : "source/resource/${APPLICATION}"
      },
      "shell" :
      {
        "command" : "sass -C -t compressed -I ${QX_MOBILE_THEME_PATH} -I ${QX_SHARED_THEME_PATH} --watch ${MOBILE_RESOURCE_PATH}/scss:${MOBILE_RESOURCE_PATH}/css",
        "command-not-found" : "It seems that Sass (http://sass-lang.com/) is not installed and/or executable, which is needed for the SCSS-compilation."

Please make sure to add them also to your export part of config.json

Then reset your

/source/resource/custom/scss/custom.scss

by replacing the content through one of these themes

Then compile your theme through ./generate.py watch-scss
Please make sure to have Sass installed as mentioned in the manual:

Greetz Christopher

Am 05.06.2014 um 23:20 schrieb Ed Adasiewicz <[hidden email]>:

It was just the very first run for the very first app.  I also discovered the
following:

1.  My desktop apps all appear to work just fine but they are not overly
complicated.

2.  The one mobile app that I was just starting to work on looks very
different:

a.  Form title is no longer centered horizontally or vertically
b.  Check boxes are positioned after the label rather than over to the right
and they are not centered
c.  Toolbar buttons look to be about 2 pixels wide

I tested the mobile app on both ffox/ubuntu 14.04 and chrome nexus7.

I think I will spend some time reading the release notes...

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

John Spackman-3
Yes, well done, I¹ve got a couple of big releases coming up so probably
won¹t upgrade for a few months but looking forward to it

Does the grunt source job mean that the dependency parser is (has?) being
rewritten in JS?

John

On 06/06/2014 09:35, "thron7" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Congrats to 4.0!
>
>I was trying to use the new, all Node/JS-based 'source' job, as
>advertised in the "Grunt Tooling" section of the release announcement,
>but couldn't find a way to invoke it. How do I do that? I understand
>it's not the default when you issue 'grunt source', but it is
>certainly available somehow, or is it?!
>
>T.
>
>On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Martin Wittemann
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear qooxdoo community,
>>
>> two new qooxdoo releases are available! Besides a 3.5.1 patch release,
>>the
>> most exciting release certainly is the new major release: qooxdoo 4.0.
>>It
>> ships with an new pointer events layer used as foundation for all three
>> widget sets: qx.Website, qx.Mobile and qx.Desktop. With that, all
>>widgets
>> are input device independent now!
>>
>> For more details, see the corresponding announcements:
>>
>> http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-3-5-1-released
>> http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-4-0-released
>>
>> Many thanks go to the framework core team for another awesome job, and
>> you, the community of contributors and users for a great and ongoing
>> support.
>>
>> Please help to spread the news: leave comments to the blog post, tweet,
>> blog, tell your friends and colleagues. Appreciated!
>>
>> Martin

>>-----
>> "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and
>>their
>> applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
>> this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech

>----
>Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
>"Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and
>their
>applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
>this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
>http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

Petr Kobalíček
Hi Daniel,

I tried these demos in Chrome on Linux (but I can reproduce the same on Windows). Maybe it's related to the fact that the demobrowser is using iframe to display selected demos.

Personally I would suggest to improve a bit Qooxdoo themes, at least the focus / hover / click highlights. For example if you try table, the focus border has the same color as the focused cell background, it doesn't look so nice.

Maybe I can create a list of theming issues I consider critical and open a new thread ?

Best
Petr

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Daniel Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Petr,

which browser/OS are you using?

On 05.06.2014 18:29, Petr Kobalíček wrote:
> There are more things
>
> 1. When you drag something (like scrollbar handle) the cursor is changed
> when it hovers something else (like the splitter, text field, etc...)
> 2. If you hover a text field while dragging something (like scroll
> handle again) it gets focus during that drag.
>
> Minor:
>
> 1. There is no click effect on scroll bar arrows (stays static)
> 2. Scrollbar arrows have weird size having some spacing between handle
> and arrows (it doesn't look so nice).
>
> Just tried in demobrowser:
>
>   http://demo.qooxdoo.org/4.0/demobrowser/index.html
>
> Maybe it's not up to date?
>
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Petr Kobalíček <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Congrats!
>
>     Just tried in demobrowser. If I click on button, checkbox, basically
>     anything and then try to scroll (by clicking on the handle) it
>     doesn't work first time, have to click once more again.
>
>     Is this bug?
>
>     On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Martin Wittemann
>
>         Dear qooxdoo community,
>
>         two new qooxdoo releases are available! Besides a 3.5.1 patch
>         release, the
>         most exciting release certainly is the new major release:
>         qooxdoo 4.0. It ships with an new pointer events layer used as
>         foundation for all three widget sets: qx.Website, qx.Mobile and
>         qx.Desktop. With that, all widgets are input device independent now!
>
>         For more details, see the corresponding announcements:
>
>         http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-3-5-1-released
>         http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-4-0-released
>
>         Many thanks go to the framework core team for another awesome
>         job, and to
>         you, the community of contributors and users for a great and ongoing
>         support.
>
>         Please help to spread the news: leave comments to the blog post,
>         tweet,
>         blog, tell your friends and colleagues. Appreciated!
>
>         Martin

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

Daniel Wagner
All right, I can confirm the issues. Could you please open a report for
the "focus while drag" issue and the missing click effect ("pressed"
state) of the scrollbar buttons?

On 06.06.2014 11:34, Petr Kobalíček wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I tried these demos in Chrome on Linux (but I can reproduce the same on
> Windows). Maybe it's related to the fact that the demobrowser is using
> iframe to display selected demos.
>
> Personally I would suggest to improve a bit Qooxdoo themes, at least the
> focus / hover / click highlights. For example if you try table, the
> focus border has the same color as the focused cell background, it
> doesn't look so nice.
>
> Maybe I can create a list of theming issues I consider critical and open
> a new thread ?

Yes, please do so.

Regards,
Daniel

> [...]
>     >         http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech
>     >         _______________________________________________
>     >         qooxdoo-devel mailing list
>     >         [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     >         <mailto:[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >         https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
>     > "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases
>     and their
>     > applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
>     > this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!

IE11 Pointer-Events problem

czuendorf
As Alexei Vinidiktov discovered: the qx.Mobile Picker does not work on IE11.

I found the reason for that problem inside of the qx.Mobile Picker class.

For patching that problem inside your local framework copy, please please the following three lines out of your framework code:

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/commit/bf8ef71466bab9b35f5c3fa40ad665cd69b19032

After that patch, everything work as expected on IE11.

Greetz Christopher

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

Ed Adasiewicz
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the quick response.  In my case it was easier to install Sass, generate a new 4.0 application and copy in my qooxdoo application code.  It all looks fine now.

ed

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

Richard Sternagel
Hi John,

> Does the grunt source job mean that the dependency parser is (has?) being
> rewritten in JS?

Yes. For most of the heavy lifting we use several npm packages like
esprima, escope and escodegen.

Regards
Richard

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

John Spackman-3
Hi Richard

That¹s great - is there an API for the generator?

On 10/06/2014 15:05, "Richard Sternagel" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>> Does the grunt source job mean that the dependency parser is (has?)
>>being
>> rewritten in JS?
>
>Yes. For most of the heavy lifting we use several npm packages like
>esprima, escope and escodegen.
>
>Regards
>Richard

Re: qooxdoo 4.0 and 3.5.1 released

Richard Sternagel
Hey Thomas,

glad to hear something from you. :)

> I was trying to use the new, all Node/JS-based 'source' job, as
> advertised in the "Grunt Tooling" section of the release announcement,
> but couldn't find a way to invoke it. How do I do that? I understand
> it's not the default when you issue 'grunt source', but it is
> certainly available somehow, or is it?!

No, it's not yet exposed. If you want to experiment with it, you
have to jump through several hoops:

1)
Do what's described here below [p]:
https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/tool/admin/release/test_plans/core.html

This allows you to build the source version via "grunt source" of the
(skeleton) app contained under:

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/tree/master/tool/grunt/task/source/test/data/myapp

2) In order to run "grunt source" (invoking the JS only code) within
your application or for example the playground app you have to "unlock"
the source job at the moment (i.e. uncomment lines):

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/tool/grunt/task/task.js#L76

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/tool/grunt/task/task.js#L115

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/tool/grunt/config/application.js#L89

Regards