qooxdoo 0.8 released

Andreas Ecker
Good news, everyone!

This is to let you know that qooxdoo 0.8 has been released.

http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-08-released

Thanks for all your support! Enjoy! :-)

Andreas

--
Project Lead
http://qooxdoo.org

Re: qooxdoo 0.8 released

oetiker
Lets start the hype machine!

http://digg.com/programming/Major_New_Open_Source_AJAX_Framework_Released_qooxdoo_0_8

cheers
tobi

Today Andreas Ecker wrote:

> Good news, everyone!
>
> This is to let you know that qooxdoo 0.8 has been released.
>
> http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-08-released
>
> Thanks for all your support! Enjoy! :-)
>
> Andreas

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: qooxdoo 0.8 released

Siarhei Barysiuk

Guys, you have done a huge job and done it really cool! I'm fully
impressed by the new Modern
theme and your work in whole!

We're starting QxTranformer migration to 0.8 branch after this release.

Well done!

Best regards and thanks,
Siarhei Barysiuk

P.S. Thomas, people are so impressed that they need time to recover
and write letter of thanks. (from twitter)

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 4:43 AM, Andreas Ecker
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good news, everyone!
>
> This is to let you know that qooxdoo 0.8 has been released.
>
> http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-08-released
>
> Thanks for all your support! Enjoy! :-)
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> Project Lead
> http://qooxdoo.org

Re: qooxdoo 0.8 released

johnd
Andreas Ecker wrote:

> Good news, everyone!
>
> This is to let you know that qooxdoo 0.8 has been released.
>
> http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-08-released
>
> Thanks for all your support! Enjoy! :-)
>
> Andreas

Is there a document that explains how to migrate to a newer version?

I'm using version 8 rc 1

Do I need to regenerate or copy in a new generator.py to my current project?

Re: qooxdoo 0.8 released

Hi, John

> Andreas Ecker wrote:
>
>> Good news, everyone!
>>
>> This is to let you know that qooxdoo 0.8 has been released.
>>
>> http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-08-released
>>
>> Thanks for all your support! Enjoy! :-)
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> Is there a document that explains how to migrate to a newer version?
>
> I'm using version 8 rc 1
>
> Do I need to regenerate or copy in a new generator.py to my current project?

I don't think anything must be migrated from rc1. I would just replace
the framework directory with 0.8 and see what happens.

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstra├če 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss

Re: qooxdoo 0.8 released

johnd
Fabian Jakobs wrote:

> Hi, John
>

>> Is there a document that explains how to migrate to a newer version?
>>
>> I'm using version 8 rc 1
>>
>> Do I need to regenerate or copy in a new generator.py to my current project?
>>

> I don't think anything must be migrated from rc1. I would just replace
> the framework directory with 0.8 and see what happens.
>
> Best Fabian

I did that, and when I do a generate source I get this:

!!! Dependencies resolving failed for custom.Application with:
Could not resolve dependencies of class: custom.Application
Could not resolve dependencies of class: qx.ui.tree.Tree
Could not resolve dependencies of class: qx.ui.core.AbstractScrollArea
Could not resolve dependencies of class: qx.ui.core.ScrollBar
Could not resolve dependencies of class: qx.ui.form.BaseSlider
Could not find class to fulfil dependency: qx.ui.form.BaseSlider

Re: qooxdoo 0.8 released

johnd
Fabian Jakobs wrote:

> Hi, John
>
>> Andreas Ecker wrote:
>>

>>> Good news, everyone!
>>>
>>> This is to let you know that qooxdoo 0.8 has been released.
>>>
>>> http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-08-released
>>>
>>> Thanks for all your support! Enjoy! :-)
>>>
>>> Andreas
>>>

>> Is there a document that explains how to migrate to a newer version?
>>
>> I'm using version 8 rc 1
>>
>> Do I need to regenerate or copy in a new generator.py to my current project?
>>

> I don't think anything must be migrated from rc1. I would just replace
> the framework directory with 0.8 and see what happens.
>
> Best Fabian

It works for me.  I just needed to do a generate.py clean first

thanks