qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

Andreas Ecker
Hi,

please see the announcement at
http://news.qooxdoo.org/second-alpha-release-of-qooxdoo-08

It would be great to get a lot of user feedback for this release and
also for the SVN trunk while continuing with development of qooxdoo 0.8.
If you find any issues, please open bug reports.

Enjoy,

Andreas

--
Andreas Ecker
Project Lead
http://qooxdoo.org



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

asaris
Goods news. :) I waited for it since June.

I looked at demos and liked it.

However I was not impressed with tabview button scrolling.  I would add
drop down list of tab buttons in right corner for quick access. Like
firefox.

asaris

Andreas Ecker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please see the announcement at
> http://news.qooxdoo.org/second-alpha-release-of-qooxdoo-08
>
> It would be great to get a lot of user feedback for this release and
> also for the SVN trunk while continuing with development of qooxdoo 0.8.
> If you find any issues, please open bug reports.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Andreas
>
>  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

Leander Hanwald
Hi

I also thing that the tabview scrolling is not perfect this way.
A dropdown list as option would be good, but also the scrolling itself
is not perfect. A click on the buttons should directly jump to the selected

Some month ago I wrote a test-app for myself about this, the source
version can be seen here:
http://rubyweb.de:12001/qooxdoo/tabtest/testapp/source/

(The code is not finished, has bugs and is ugly... but it shows what I mean)

The arrows directly jumps between the tabs, also a click on a tab brings
it into the view. Also my solution start with tab 1 if the last tab is
reached, but I don't thing that this is a must have.

But this is only my view of this ;)

Greetings,
  Leander

asaris schrieb:

> Goods news. :) I waited for it since June.
>
> I looked at demos and liked it.
>
> However I was not impressed with tabview button scrolling.  I would add
> drop down list of tab buttons in right corner for quick access. Like
> firefox.
>
> asaris
>
> Andreas Ecker wrote:
>  
>> Hi,
>>
>> please see the announcement at
>> http://news.qooxdoo.org/second-alpha-release-of-qooxdoo-08
>>
>> It would be great to get a lot of user feedback for this release and
>> also for the SVN trunk while continuing with development of qooxdoo 0.8.
>> If you find any issues, please open bug reports.
>>
>> Enjoy,
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>>  
>>    
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
> Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
> along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
> and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
>
>
>  


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

Gaetan de Menten
In reply to this post by Andreas Ecker
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Andreas Ecker
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please see the announcement at
> http://news.qooxdoo.org/second-alpha-release-of-qooxdoo-08
>
> It would be great to get a lot of user feedback for this release and
> also for the SVN trunk while continuing with development of qooxdoo 0.8.
> If you find any issues, please open bug reports.

Great... You guys are definitely on the right path...

Here are the issues I got from 10min of testing (using firefox
2.0.0.15 on linux if that matters):

* Resize cursor shouldn't switch back to the arrow cursor during a resize

* Minimize and maximize don't work on any of the examples involving
windows. Not that would make much sense but it might be a good idea to
either disable them or hide them altogether.

* Canvas's syncDimension seem to be inverted.
By the way, is your canvas implementation cross-browser?

* I often get a slight "flicker" when using a widget for the first
time. This is especially noticeable on checkboxes and radio buttons
(for example those in the groupbox demo): when I *first* click on one
of those, a black border appears for a fraction of a second.

* The "tab focus" indicator is kinda ugly on the modern theme buttons
(as seen in the "Modern Tree" demo).

* "ui/Decoration 2" demo doesn't seem to do anything.

* Horizontal resizing in the "Window Modern" demo often leads to a
strange result: the "shadow image" is dragged... Which logically leads
to the image path
(http://demo.qooxdoo.org/0.8-alpha2/demobrowser/resource/qx/decoration/Modern/window/shadow-r.png)
being added to the window textfield if I happen release the mouse
button when I'm shrinking the window.

Cheers,

--
Gaëtan de Menten
http://openhex.org

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

Gaetan de Menten
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Gaetan de Menten <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Andreas Ecker
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> please see the announcement at
>> http://news.qooxdoo.org/second-alpha-release-of-qooxdoo-08
>>
>> It would be great to get a lot of user feedback for this release and
>> also for the SVN trunk while continuing with development of qooxdoo 0.8.
>> If you find any issues, please open bug reports.
>
> Great... You guys are definitely on the right path...
>
> Here are the issues I got from 10min of testing (using firefox
> 2.0.0.15 on linux if that matters):

 let's add that:

* the spinner with a numberformat is still not working.

* when moving the mouse quickly over "modern appearance" buttons, you
can easily leave some of them highlighted, even with the mouse cursor
not over them anymore. Doesn't seem to happen on "classic"
appearance...

--
Gaëtan de Menten
http://openhex.org

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

Fabian Jakobs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gaetan de Menten
Hi Gaetan,

>> Hi,
>>
>> please see the announcement at
>> http://news.qooxdoo.org/second-alpha-release-of-qooxdoo-08
>>
>> It would be great to get a lot of user feedback for this release and
>> also for the SVN trunk while continuing with development of qooxdoo 0.8.
>> If you find any issues, please open bug reports.
>>    
>
> Great... You guys are definitely on the right path...
>
> Here are the issues I got from 10min of testing (using firefox
> 2.0.0.15 on linux if that matters):
>
> * Resize cursor shouldn't switch back to the arrow cursor during a resize
>
> * Minimize and maximize don't work on any of the examples involving
> windows. Not that would make much sense but it might be a good idea to
> either disable them or hide them altogether.
>
> * Canvas's syncDimension seem to be inverted.
> By the way, is your canvas implementation cross-browser?
>  
It may not be obvious in the demo but sync dimension is actually
correct. When dealing with canvas we have to work with two coordinate
systems. The internal coordinate system of the canvas and the CSS size
of the canvas' DOM element. When sync dimension is true, both dimensions
are always the same. This means one pixel unit in the canvas corresponds
to one pixel unit in the browser and thus the window with the synced
canvas always displays the rectangles with the same size. The window
with the non synced dimensions always uses the initial canvas dimensions
and only updates the CSS sizes. The effect is that the canvas's content
is scaled to the DOM dimensions.

It is not cross browser. It is only a widget wrapper for the native
canvas element. A true cross browser rendering context is something we
would like to have in qooxdoo but is definitively out of scope for 0.8.

> * I often get a slight "flicker" when using a widget for the first
> time. This is especially noticeable on checkboxes and radio buttons
> (for example those in the groupbox demo): when I *first* click on one
> of those, a black border appears for a fraction of a second.
>
> * The "tab focus" indicator is kinda ugly on the modern theme buttons
> (as seen in the "Modern Tree" demo).
>
> * "ui/Decoration 2" demo doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> * Horizontal resizing in the "Window Modern" demo often leads to a
> strange result: the "shadow image" is dragged... Which logically leads
> to the image path
> (http://demo.qooxdoo.org/0.8-alpha2/demobrowser/resource/qx/decoration/Modern/window/shadow-r.png)
> being added to the window textfield if I happen release the mouse
> button when I'm shrinking the window.
>
> Cheers,
>
>  


--
Fabian Jakobs
JavaScript Framework Developer

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Michael Scheeren


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

Fabian Jakobs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Leander Hanwald
Leander Hanwald schrieb:

> Hi
>
> I also thing that the tabview scrolling is not perfect this way.
> A dropdown list as option would be good, but also the scrolling itself
> is not perfect. A click on the buttons should directly jump to the selected
>
> Some month ago I wrote a test-app for myself about this, the source
> version can be seen here:
> http://rubyweb.de:12001/qooxdoo/tabtest/testapp/source/
>
> (The code is not finished, has bugs and is ugly... but it shows what I mean)
>
> The arrows directly jumps between the tabs, also a click on a tab brings
> it into the view. Also my solution start with tab 1 if the last tab is
> reached, but I don't thing that this is a must have.
>
> But this is only my view of this ;)
>
> Greetings,
>   Leander
>
> asaris schrieb:
>  
>> Goods news. :) I waited for it since June.
>>
>> I looked at demos and liked it.
>>
>> However I was not impressed with tabview button scrolling.  I would add
>> drop down list of tab buttons in right corner for quick access. Like
>> firefox.
>>
>> asaris
>>    

In alpha2 we focussed on the widget infrastructure like focus handling
and theming. Many widgets are still incomplete and need some more love.
The tabview is one of those widgets. I have collected your suggestions
in a bug (<http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1061>) and we'll
consider them once we prepare the tabview for the final release.

Please feel free to add comments and further suggestions to the bug.

Best Fabian


--
Fabian Jakobs
JavaScript Framework Developer

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Michael Scheeren


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

asaris
There's another feature I'd like to see in qooxdoo.

It might be useful to consider option to allow users to add comments in API. Like php manual. It would improve community knowledge share, etc.

asaris

Fabian Jakobs wrote:


In alpha2 we focussed on the widget infrastructure like focus handling 
and theming. Many widgets are still incomplete and need some more love. 
The tabview is one of those widgets. I have collected your suggestions 
in a bug (<http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1061>) and we'll 
consider them once we prepare the tabview for the final release.

Please feel free to add comments and further suggestions to the bug.

Best Fabian


  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

Leander Hanwald
A documented API like the one of PHP would be very nice. I often found
helpfull examples there, and added my own comments to it.
It's one of the best parts of php ;)

But I also think that this is a little bit more complex in qooxdoo sinde
it doesn't have single powerfull functions but a very huge set of
simplier functions. I think comments below class level wouldn't be very
usefull most time.

asaris schrieb:

> There's another feature I'd like to see in qooxdoo.
>
> It might be useful to consider option to allow users to add comments
> in API. Like php manual. It would improve community knowledge share, etc.
>
> asaris
>
> Fabian Jakobs wrote:
>>
>>
>> In alpha2 we focussed on the widget infrastructure like focus handling
>> and theming. Many widgets are still incomplete and need some more love.
>> The tabview is one of those widgets. I have collected your suggestions
>> in a bug (<http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1061>) and we'll
>> consider them once we prepare the tabview for the final release.
>>
>> Please feel free to add comments and further suggestions to the bug.
>>
>> Best Fabian
>>
>>
>>  
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
> Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
> along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
> and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
>  


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: qooxdoo 0.8-alpha2 released

Alexander Back
In reply to this post by asaris
Hi Asaris,

I've just filed a bug report for this enhancement. Thanks for this one!

-> http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1069

cheers,
   Alex

asaris wrote:
> There's another feature I'd like to see in qooxdoo.
>
> It might be useful to consider option to allow users to add comments in
> API. Like php manual. It would improve community knowledge share, etc.
>
> asaris

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards: VOTE NOW!
Studies have shown that voting for your favorite open source project,
along with a healthy diet, reduces your potential for chronic lameness
and boredom. Vote Now at http://www.sourceforge.net/community/cca08
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel