(no subject)

johnd
in the docs (1.3.x) for python rpc there is a reference to the
qxjsonrpc library

the link is dead... is this available somewhere else?

Re: RpcPython

Andreas Ecker-2
Hi John!

> in the docs (1.3.x) for python rpc there is a reference to the
> qxjsonrpc library

> the link is dead... is this available somewhere else?

AFAIK the development of the original, external qxjsonrpc library was
abandoned, but was integrated into a regular qooxdoo contribution,
RpcPython:
http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project#rpcpython

You seem to have hit an outdated document about the old stuff, rather
see the following:
http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/RPC_Python

Btw, Christian Boulanger created this contrib and included qxjsonrpc
from Viktor Ferenczi, both of which I put on CC. Would be great you
could help to bring the contrib up-to-date where needed.

TTYL,

Andreas

--
Andreas Ecker
Project Lead

Re: RpcPython

panyasan
Andreas Ecker-2 wrote
Btw, Christian Boulanger created this contrib and included qxjsonrpc
from Viktor Ferenczi, both of which I put on CC. Would be great you
could help to bring the contrib up-to-date where needed.
Hi, sorry, I cannot be of help here. I simply ported the externally developed code to a contrib when I thought I needed python to get a cometd server push solution based on python (twisted) and wanted a unified backend. Since then, node.js and couchdb matured, and I do no longer need a python backend and stopped developing it. And I don't know if I really improved the code by changing its behavior to mirror the RpcPhp backend ...

So anyone is free to pick it up and develop it further. Of course, it would be great if Victor himself could continue ...

C.

Re: RpcPython

> AFAIK the development of the original, external qxjsonrpc library was
> abandoned, but was integrated into a regular qooxdoo contribution,
> RpcPython:
> http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project#rpcpython
>
> You seem to have hit an outdated document about the old stuff, rather
> see the following:
> http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/RPC_Python

I've cleaned up the RPC stuff on the wiki, and all RpcPython-related
documentation is now collected under

http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project/rpcpython

qxjsonrpc is indeed part of the RpcPython contrib, and the above page
reflects that. Whatever needs fixing should be fixed there.