Quantcast

mouse coordinates relative to widget

asaris
Hi,

Does qooxdoo supports mouse coordinates relative to target widget? I
cannot find such feature.

I'm working on workspace similar to eclipse, where end users can
customize their view. The only bit left is to drag&drop tabview.Button
into SplitPane.area by splitting SplitPane.area into new SplitPane with
old SplitPane.area content + dropped tabview.Button & tabview.Page
content. I need coordinates so I know how to split area.

asaris

Re: mouse coordinates relative to widget

Hugh Gibson-2
> Does qooxdoo supports mouse coordinates relative to target widget?
> I cannot find such feature.

Asaris, you can find the coordinates of the target widget using:

         var oElement = oTargetWidget.getElement();
         var oPosition = qx.bom.element.Location.get(oElement);

I use that for when the context menu key is pressed and the menu has to
be shown at the correct position. That should be enough of a hint for you
to work out the coordinates relative to the target.

Hugh