momentum

oetiker
Folks

I have started working on the pull request queue in the qooxdoo
repo on github. Some obvious ones I have already merged, for others
I have added questions.

a) if you know answers, please respond.

b) if you have additional bugfixes or features, please create
   additional pull requests and explain what you try to achieve
   with the change.

let's get some momentum back.

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: momentum

Dietrich Streifert
Hi Tobi

Thank you for taking the initiative! Much appreciated!

Did you start on your own or did you have contact with Andreas Ecker or
someone else from the 1&1 qooxdoo team?

Regards
Dietrich

Am 18.02.2016 um 12:09 schrieb Tobias Oetiker:

> Folks
>
> I have started working on the pull request queue in the qooxdoo
> repo on github. Some obvious ones I have already merged, for others
> I have added questions.
>
> a) if you know answers, please respond.
>
> b) if you have additional bugfixes or features, please create
>     additional pull requests and explain what you try to achieve
>     with the change.
>
> let's get some momentum back.
>
> cheers
> tobi

Re: momentum

John Spackman
Hi Tobi

This is really good news, well done and thank you for making this happen :)  You’ve obviously had a busy morning because we’re already down to only 9 pull requests outstanding.  I’ve responded to all of mine so a little more work but hopefully it’ll be quick.

Today John Spackman wrote:

> Hi Tobi
>
> This is really good news, well done and thank you for making this
> happen :)  You’ve obviously had a busy morning because we’re
> already down to only 9 pull requests outstanding.  I’ve responded
> to all of mine so a little more work but hopefully it’ll be
> quick.

it's all down to youthful exuberance ...

only 5 now ...

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: momentum

oetiker
Hi Dietrich,

Today Dietrich Streifert wrote:

> Hi Tobi
>
> Thank you for taking the initiative!  Much appreciated!
>
> Did you start on your own or did you have contact with Andreas
> Ecker or someone else from the 1&1 qooxdoo team?

Yes we are in contact ... more on this soon.

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

dev

Re: momentum

dev
Again so mysterious...
No statements...?
What is going on?

I would like to hear what 1&1 will do now? Are you going to release it to the community and participate or what???
The answers on the above questions must be guiding us what direction to choose...a community fork or not!

Stefan

> Hi Dietrich,
>
> Today Dietrich Streifert wrote:
>
>> Hi Tobi
>>
>> Thank you for taking the initiative!  Much appreciated!
>>
>> Did you start on your own or did you have contact with Andreas
>> Ecker or someone else from the 1&1 qooxdoo team?
>
> Yes we are in contact ... more on this soon.
>
> cheers
> tobi
>
> --
> Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
> www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: momentum

mitya
Guys, how about integrating John's strict mode patches? QxCompiler is
nearing its production state, but compiling against a qooxdoo fork is a
bit of PITA.

Thx!

> Hi Tobi
>
> This is really good news, well done and thank you for making this
> happen :)  You’ve obviously had a busy morning because we’re already
> down to only 9 pull requests outstanding.  I’ve responded to all of
> mine so a little more work but hopefully it’ll be quick.
>
> Regards
> John
>

> On 18/02/2016, 11:09, "Tobias Oetiker" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Folks
> >
> > I have started working on the pull request queue in the qooxdoo
> > repo on github. Some obvious ones I have already merged, for others
> > I have added questions.
> >
> > a) if you know answers, please respond.
> >
> > b) if you have additional bugfixes or features, please create
> >   additional pull requests and explain what you try to achieve
> >   with the change.
> >
> > let's get some momentum back.
> >
> > cheers
> > tobi

Re: momentum

oetiker
Hi Dimitry,

I have not seen a pull request for these yet :) being able to use
qooxdoo with strict mode on would certainly be cool and let us
catch more errors ... otoh, the patches would have to be such that
things still work with the current build infrastructure ...

cheers
tobi

Today Dimitri wrote:

> Guys, how about integrating John's strict mode patches? QxCompiler is
> nearing its production state, but compiling against a qooxdoo fork is a
> bit of PITA.
>
> Thx!
>

> > Hi Tobi
> >
> > This is really good news, well done and thank you for making this
> > happen :)  You’ve obviously had a busy morning because we’re already
> > down to only 9 pull requests outstanding.  I’ve responded to all of
> > mine so a little more work but hopefully it’ll be quick.
> >
> > Regards
> > John
> >

> > On 18/02/2016, 11:09, "Tobias Oetiker" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > > Folks
> > >
> > > I have started working on the pull request queue in the qooxdoo
> > > repo on github. Some obvious ones I have already merged, for others
> > > I have added questions.
> > >
> > > a) if you know answers, please respond.
> > >
> > > b) if you have additional bugfixes or features, please create
> > >   additional pull requests and explain what you try to achieve
> > >   with the change.
> > >
> > > let's get some momentum back.
> > >
> > > cheers
> > > tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: momentum

John Spackman
Just done it :)  https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/170

It’s backwards compatible, the new dependency features are only enabled when QxCompiler runs and patches the loader on the fly.

John

On 18/02/2016, 16:51, "Tobias Oetiker" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Dimitry,
>
>I have not seen a pull request for these yet :) being able to use
>qooxdoo with strict mode on would certainly be cool and let us
>catch more errors ... otoh, the patches would have to be such that
>things still work with the current build infrastructure ...
>
>cheers
>tobi
>
>Today Dimitri wrote:
>
>> Guys, how about integrating John's strict mode patches? QxCompiler is
>> nearing its production state, but compiling against a qooxdoo fork is a
>> bit of PITA.
>>
>> Thx!
>>

>> > Hi Tobi
>> >
>> > This is really good news, well done and thank you for making this
>> > happen :)  You’ve obviously had a busy morning because we’re already
>> > down to only 9 pull requests outstanding.  I’ve responded to all of
>> > mine so a little more work but hopefully it’ll be quick.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > John

>--
>Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
>www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

dev

Re: momentum

dev
John,

It works very well. No errors when we tested the pull in our test bench.
Well done!
You have done more than a whole team in a year, in a very short time...
Bigger challenge...
We will put it in pre-production testing now in a smaller subproject.

You have really moved qx forward!!!

Stefan

> Just done it :)  https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/170
>
> It’s backwards compatible, the new dependency features are only enabled when QxCompiler runs and patches the loader on the fly.
>
> John
>

> On 18/02/2016, 16:51, "Tobias Oetiker" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hi Dimitry,
>>
>>I have not seen a pull request for these yet :) being able to use
>>qooxdoo with strict mode on would certainly be cool and let us
>>catch more errors ... otoh, the patches would have to be such that
>>things still work with the current build infrastructure ...
>>
>>cheers
>>tobi
>>
>>Today Dimitri wrote:
>>
>>> Guys, how about integrating John's strict mode patches? QxCompiler is
>>> nearing its production state, but compiling against a qooxdoo fork is a
>>> bit of PITA.
>>>
>>> Thx!

>>--
>>Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
>>www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: momentum

John Spackman
Hi Stefan

Great, I’m glad its working for you too :)  Hopefully ES6 support something that we can use to help generate a bit of excitement back into Qooxdoo and make it more modern.

It’s great to see it getting used in big projects so soon, IMHO the core is pretty stable but my main concern was that I had the dependency calculations quite right - I had to go through several strategies until I got it working, and obviously it’s the sort of thing that is very difficult to contrive test cases for.

John

On 18/02/2016, 18:45, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>John,
>
>It works very well. No errors when we tested the pull in our test bench.
>Well done!
>You have done more than a whole team in a year, in a very short time...
>Bigger challenge...
>We will put it in pre-production testing now in a smaller subproject.
>
>You have really moved qx forward!!!
>
>Stefan
>
>> Just done it :)  https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/170
>>
>> It’s backwards compatible, the new dependency features are only enabled when QxCompiler runs and patches the loader on the fly.
>>
>> John
>>

>> On 18/02/2016, 16:51, "Tobias Oetiker" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Dimitry,
>>>
>>>I have not seen a pull request for these yet :) being able to use
>>>qooxdoo with strict mode on would certainly be cool and let us
>>>catch more errors ... otoh, the patches would have to be such that
>>>things still work with the current build infrastructure ...
>>>
>>>cheers
>>>tobi

>>>--
>>>Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
>>>www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: momentum

John Spackman
That PR is withdrawn now in favour of this one, which has a much improved commit history: https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/173