modal windows and background opacity

oetiker
Folks,

I am trying to get the background to be about 50% opaque while a
modal window is displayed.

I tried to set

  blockerOpacity

on the window widget, but this does not seem to have any effect ...

any hints ?

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: modal windows and background opacity

Tobias Oetiker schrieb:

> Folks,
>
> I am trying to get the background to be about 50% opaque while a
> modal window is displayed.
>
> I tried to set
>
>   blockerOpacity
>
> on the window widget, but this does not seem to have any effect ...
>
> any hints ?
>
> cheers
> tobi

Try to set backgroundColor as well. By default there is no backgound
color so opacity does not have any effect.

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss

Re: modal windows and background opacity

oetiker
Hi Fabian,

Today Fabian Jakobs wrote:

> Tobias Oetiker schrieb:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I am trying to get the background to be about 50% opaque while a
> > modal window is displayed.
> >
> > I tried to set
> >
> >   blockerOpacity
> >
> > on the window widget, but this does not seem to have any effect ...
> >
> > any hints ?
> >
> > cheers
> > tobi
> >

> Try to set backgroundColor as well. By default there is no backgound
> color so opacity does not have any effect.

there is a specific

 blockerColor

setting ... but this does not have any effect either ...

the background of what would you set ?

cheers
tobi

Tobias Oetiker schrieb:

> Hi Fabian,
>
> Today Fabian Jakobs wrote:
>

>> Tobias Oetiker schrieb:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I am trying to get the background to be about 50% opaque while a
>>> modal window is displayed.
>>>
>>> I tried to set
>>>
>>>   blockerOpacity
>>>
>>> on the window widget, but this does not seem to have any effect ...
>>>
>>> any hints ?
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> tobi
>>>

>> Try to set backgroundColor as well. By default there is no backgound
>> color so opacity does not have any effect.
>>

> there is a specific
>
>  blockerColor
>
> setting ... but this does not have any effect either ...
>
> the background of what would you set ?

Sorry, I mean the blockerColor. You need to set it in combination with
the blockerOpacity property.

Today Fabian Jakobs wrote:

> Tobias Oetiker schrieb:
> > Hi Fabian,
> >
> > Today Fabian Jakobs wrote:

> >> Try to set backgroundColor as well. By default there is no backgound
> >> color so opacity does not have any effect.
> >>

> > there is a specific
> >
> >  blockerColor
> >
> > setting ... but this does not have any effect either ...
> >
> > the background of what would you set ?
> >
> Sorry, I mean the blockerColor. You need to set it in combination with
> the blockerOpacity property.

then I am doing something wrong, because this is what I have tried
in my error window class.

qx.Class.define("thd.ui.error",
{
    extend : qx.ui.window.Window,

    construct: function(){
        this.base(arguments);
        this.set({
            modal: true,
            showMinimize: false,
            showMaximize: false,
            resizable: false,
            contentPadding: 20,
            blockerColor: '#888888',
            blockerOpacity: 0.5

the window come up fine, it is modal, but the the background
remains transparent.

Tobias Oetiker schrieb:

> Today Fabian Jakobs wrote:
>

>> Tobias Oetiker schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi Fabian,

>>> there is a specific
>>>
>>>  blockerColor
>>>
>>> setting ... but this does not have any effect either ...
>>>
>>> the background of what would you set ?
>>>

>> Sorry, I mean the blockerColor. You need to set it in combination with
>> the blockerOpacity property.
>>

> then I am doing something wrong, because this is what I have tried
> in my error window class.
>
> qx.Class.define("thd.ui.error",
> {
>     extend : qx.ui.window.Window,
>
>     construct: function(){
>         this.base(arguments);
>         this.set({
>             modal: true,
>             showMinimize: false,
>             showMaximize: false,
>             resizable: false,
>             contentPadding: 20,
>             blockerColor: '#888888',
>             blockerOpacity: 0.5
>         });
>
> the window come up fine, it is modal, but the the background
> remains transparent.

Hi Tobias,

this is supposed to work. Can you open a bug report for this?

Thanks,
Fabian

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss

Re: modal windows and background opacity

oetiker
done
tobi

Today Fabian Jakobs wrote:

> Tobias Oetiker schrieb:
> > Today Fabian Jakobs wrote:

> >> Sorry, I mean the blockerColor. You need to set it in combination with
> >> the blockerOpacity property.
> >>

> > then I am doing something wrong, because this is what I have tried
> > in my error window class.
> >
> > qx.Class.define("thd.ui.error",
> > {
> >     extend : qx.ui.window.Window,
> >
> >     construct: function(){
> >         this.base(arguments);
> >         this.set({
> >             modal: true,
> >             showMinimize: false,
> >             showMaximize: false,
> >             resizable: false,
> >             contentPadding: 20,
> >             blockerColor: '#888888',
> >             blockerOpacity: 0.5
> >         });
> >
> > the window come up fine, it is modal, but the the background
> > remains transparent.
> >

> Hi Tobias,
>
> this is supposed to work. Can you open a bug report for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Fabian

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: modal windows and background opacity

Thank you