info regarding Time widget

Gaurav
Hello,

Is there any time widget in qooxdo similar to the date chooer or date
field, which just gives the time in am or pm?
I could not find it in demo browser

Regards.
Gaurav

Re: info regarding Time widget

Daniel Wagner
Administrator
Hi Gaurav,

currently we don't have a time chooser. We'd like to hear your
suggestions (and everyone else's, of course) for such a widget. Do you
have any particular type of control in mind?

Feel free to add a bug for this.

Regards,
Daniel

Gaurav Jauhri schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any time widget in qooxdo similar to the date chooer or date
> field, which just gives the time in am or pm?
> I could not find it in demo browser
>
> Regards.
> Gaurav

Re: info regarding Time widget

Gaurav
Dear Daniel,
Thanks for your kind reply.

Yes, similar to the date chooser, if we can have a similar widget
through which we can choose the time say e.g, suppose scheduling a task
on a specific date and a specific time by an end user etc..
I found one link which shows similar behavior, it could be quite fruitful.
Have a look, and press the "try this example" button.
http://www.java2s.com/Code/JavaScript/GUI-Components/FancyTimePicker.htm

Regards,
Gaurav

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 5:11 AM, Gaurav Jauhri <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there any time widget in qooxdo similar to the date chooer or date
field, which just gives the time in am or pm?
I could not find it in demo browser

Hi Gaurav,

Sure there's a Time Chooser widget. It's in qooxdoo-contrib and is called TimeChooser. There's a demo included there too.

Re: info regarding Time widget

Daniel Wagner
Administrator
Whoops... guess I should have checked contrib before replying. Sorry
about that.

Regards,
Daniel

Derrell Lipman schrieb:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 5:11 AM, Gaurav Jauhri <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Is there any time widget in qooxdo similar to the date chooer or date
>     field, which just gives the time in am or pm?
>     I could not find it in demo browser
>

> Hi Gaurav,
>
> Sure there's a Time Chooser widget. It's in qooxdoo-contrib and is
> called TimeChooser. There's a demo included there too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Derrell

> Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with Adobe(R)AIR(TM)
> software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and code to
> build responsive, highly engaging applications that combine the power of local
> resources and data with the reach of the web. Download the Adobe AIR SDK and
> Ajax docs to start building applications today-http://p.sf.net/sfu/adobe-com

Re: info regarding Time widget

Derrell Lipman
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Daniel Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Whoops... guess I should have checked contrib before replying. Sorry
about that.

No problem. This does, however, re-raise an issue that I brought up a while ago. If we could come up with a standard way of providing demos in qooxdoo-contrib, they could be linked from demobrowser and people would be able to find contributed widgets more easily. I think I'll create a bug for this and maybe one of these years we can do something about it. :-)

Re: info regarding Time widget

Ian Horst
I would go for DateTimeChooser. By giving option to developer what to select: date, time, date+time.

I checked contrib too, but I didn't have enough good impression. Thereof I decided to make my custom DateTimeChooser, but my hands are too short right now. :)

Ian Horst

Derrell Lipman wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Daniel Wagner <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Whoops... guess I should have checked contrib before replying. Sorry
>     about that.
>

> No problem. This does, however, re-raise an issue that I brought up a
> while ago. If we could come up with a standard way of providing demos in
> qooxdoo-contrib, they could be linked from demobrowser and people would
> be able to find contributed widgets more easily. I think I'll create a
> bug for this and maybe one of these years we can do something about it. :-)
>
> Derrell

> Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with Adobe(R)AIR(TM)
> software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and code to
> build responsive, highly engaging applications that combine the power of local
> resources and data with the reach of the web. Download the Adobe AIR SDK and
> Ajax docs to start building applications today-http://p.sf.net/sfu/adobe-com

Re: info regarding Time widget

Amit Rana
Hi Derrell,

I checked out the TimeChooser class from qooxdoo-contrib. But on running the "generate.py source" under the "trunk", the script hangs up:
  1. The generator tries to look for "translation" folder inside trunk which is not present and the script hangs. I added the folder manually.
  2. Then, the script says "Done" and hangs. Here is the generator run output in verbose mode :
    EXECUTING: SOURCE
>>> Scanning libraries...
  - Scanning C:\1_Amit\QOOXDOO\qooxdoo-0.8-sdk\framework...
    - Detected namespace: qx
    - Scanning class folder...
      - Found 749 classes
      - Found 146 docs
    - Scanning translation folder...
      - Found 7 translations
  - Scanning C:\1_Amit\QOOXDOO\TimeChooser\trunk...
    - Detected namespace: timechooser
    - Scanning class folder...
      - Found 6 classes
      - Found 0 docs
    - Scanning translation folder...
      - Found 0 translations
>>> Loaded 2 libraries

>>> Preparing include configuration...
  - Including 1 items smart, 0 items explicit
  - Expanding expressions...
>>> Preparing exclude configuration...
  - Excluding 0 items smart, 0 items explicit
  - Expanding expressions...
>>> Resolving dependencies...
  - Sorting 139 classes...
>>> Done <= script hangs here

BR
Amit

[hidden email]> wrote:

    Whoops... guess I should have checked contrib before replying. Sorry
    about that.

No problem. This does, however, re-raise an issue that I brought up a
while ago. If we could come up with a standard way of providing demos in
qooxdoo-contrib, they could be linked from demobrowser and people would
be able to find contributed widgets more easily. I think I'll create a
bug for this and maybe one of these years we can do something about it. :-)

Re: info regarding Time widget

Gaurav
Hi Derrell,

I tried to use the class you wrote TimeChooser, I have problems here!!

I did not included this file as a contrib into the manifest files etc..,
rather just to check how this widget looks, added all these classes into
my workspace just for testing purposes exactly with the same directory
structure as you defined and changed the paths accordingly  and build it
successfully.
I am getting an error ehile i made an instance of TimeChooser saying
this :--
*this*.getChildControl is not a function
http://localhost:8080/Chiron/js/spagobi/source/class/spagobi/ui/custom/spinner/TimeValue.js
Line 111

*this--> refers to ../custom/spinner/TimeValue which inherits
../spinner.Abstract which inherits qx.ui.form.Spinner and this has
getChildControl as one of its inherited methods from qx.ui.core.Widget
class.

*I am trying to figure it out, but at this moment I am still in the clouds..

Regards,
Gaurav J

Derrell Lipman wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Daniel Wagner <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Whoops... guess I should have checked contrib before replying. Sorry
>     about that.
>

> No problem. This does, however, re-raise an issue that I brought up a
> while ago. If we could come up with a standard way of providing demos
> in qooxdoo-contrib, they could be linked from demobrowser and people
> would be able to find contributed widgets more easily. I think I'll
> create a bug for this and maybe one of these years we can do something
> about it. :-)
>
> Derrell

> Create and Deploy Rich Internet Apps outside the browser with Adobe(R)AIR(TM)
> software. With Adobe AIR, Ajax developers can use existing skills and code to
> build responsive, highly engaging applications that combine the power of local
> resources and data with the reach of the web. Download the Adobe AIR SDK and
> Ajax docs to start building applications today-http://p.sf.net/sfu/adobe-com

Re: info regarding Time widget

Gaurav
Sorry I forgot to mention another doubt, in

*TimeValue.js*  there is a function *_onTextChange* : function(e){var textfield = this.getChildControl("textfield")// this is the same line 111 mentioned below}, now inside this function there is  "*this" which refers to the same class as explained below so isin't the event listener should be registered in this class itself? but its not...

*Some clarity is required!!

Thanks
Gaurav*
*

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Amit Rana <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Derrell,

I checked out the TimeChooser class from qooxdoo-contrib. But on running the "generate.py source" under the "trunk", the script hangs up:

Hi Amit,

There's no reason to run "generate.py source" under the "trunk". There's nothing there to build on its own. You should run "generate.py source" from the directory TimeChooser/trunk/demo which contains a complete application demonstrating use of the TimeChooser. (I suppose I could remove that trunk-level generate.py script. It's probably not needed for anything.)

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Gaurav Jauhri <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I'm not quite sure what you created. Clearly something isn't creeated correctly. You can confirm that the TimeChooser widget is working correctly by using its demo. Change directory into TimeChooser/trunk/demo, adjust the paths in config.json to match where your qooxdoo structure is located, and run "generate.py source".

Hope that helps,

Re: info regarding Time widget

Amit Rana
Hi Derrell,

I did as you had mentioned and got an error at runtime :
this.getChildControl is not a function (TimeValue.js (line 111))
var textField = this.getChildControl("textfield");

Steps:
  1. I have the SDK(v0.8) and the demo(TimeChooser) inside a common directory (Qooxdoo).
  2. Inside TimeChooser\trunk\demo, I modified the files:
    1. config.json -
      1. "path" : "../../../qooxdoo-0.8-sdk/tool/data/config/application.json"    (Note that ../../.. goes from demo to trunk-> TimeChooser -> Qooxdoo)
      2. "QOOXDOO_ROOT" : "../../../qooxdoo-0.8-sdk",
    2. generate.py
      1. QOOXDOO_PATH = '../../../qooxdoo-0.8-sdk'
Errors :
  1. "build" is already defined. So, I removed the build job from config.json
  2. Again, got error for source and removed that too from config.json
  3. Then, I got error saying translation folder missing.So, I created a dummy translation folder inside demo/source.
  4. Finally, the job ran successfully and created the custom.js file and index.html.But, on running that I got the error saying timechooser.TimeChooser is undefined. So, I copied the \trunk\source\class\timechooser folder inside custom folder and changed the relative paths to make the application run.
  5. Now, I get the error :
this.getChildControl is not a function (TimeValue.js (line 111))
var textField = this.getChildControl("textfield");

I guess there is some problem in the code. Trying to debug it.
Derrell, are you sure it works fine on your system ?? Maybe the code is not tested against v0.8 SDK ? (Just guessing the options )

Amit

Derrell Lipman wrote:
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Amit Rana <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Derrell,

I checked out the TimeChooser class from qooxdoo-contrib. But on running the "generate.py source" under the "trunk", the script hangs up:

Hi Amit,

There's no reason to run "generate.py source" under the "trunk". There's nothing there to build on its own. You should run "generate.py source" from the directory TimeChooser/trunk/demo which contains a complete application demonstrating use of the TimeChooser. (I suppose I could remove that trunk-level generate.py script. It's probably not needed for anything.)

Re: info regarding Time widget

Gaurav
Hi Derrell,

This is exactly the same error that ! was mentioning to u earlier!!

Gaurav

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Amit Rana <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

getChildControl() is a method in qx.ui.core.Widget from which TimeValue is descended. There is something wrong in your build environment. Hopefully Thomas will chime in here since he's the expert in this area.

I guess there is some problem in the code. Trying to debug it.
Derrell, are you sure it works fine on your system ?? Maybe the code is not tested against v0.8 SDK ? (Just guessing the options )

I am absolutely sure that it works fine on my system, and have verified it yet again today. I'm not using the v0.8 SDK, however; I'm using trunk from SVN. This has worked for a long time against 0.8, so although I can't rule out some particular snapshot of 0.8 not working with this, I find that an unlikely scenario. This is almost certain a configuration issue.

Let's hope Thomas can shed some light on this.

Re: info regarding Time widget

thron7

Amit Rana wrote:
> Hi Derrell,
>
> I did as you had mentioned and got an error at runtime :
> this.getChildControl is not a function (TimeValue.js (line 111))
> var textField = this.getChildControl("textfield");

getChildControl() is available only since 0.8.1 - 0.8 won't cut it.

> Errors :
>
>    1. "build" is already defined. So, I removed the build job from
>       config.json
>    2. Again, got error for source and removed that too from config.json

Again, this is due to your usage of 0.8. This should work fine under
0.8.1. - And you shouldn't be cutting out things the author has put
there for a purpose, better check your environment. A look into the
release notes would have told you a bit about both problems.

>   1.
>

>    2. Then, I got error saying translation folder missing.So, I
>       created a dummy translation folder inside demo/source.

That's a good one, which should be fixed, Derrell.

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:30 AM, thron7 <[hidden email]> wrote:

>    2. Then, I got error saying translation folder missing.So, I
>       created a dummy translation folder inside demo/source.

That's a good one, which should be fixed, Derrell.

Yeah, someone else now got bit by it. Some SVN clients don't create directories if the directory is empty. I'm adding a README file in the translation folder, but wouldn't it make sense to make the translation folder non-mandatory so this sort of thing doesn't recur?

Derrell Lipman wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:30 AM, thron7 <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     >    2. Then, I got error saying translation folder missing.So, I
>     >       created a dummy translation folder inside demo/source.
>     >
>
>     That's a good one, which should be fixed, Derrell.
>

> Yeah, someone else now got bit by it. Some SVN clients don't create
> directories if the directory is empty. I'm adding a README file in the
> translation folder, but wouldn't it make sense to make the translation
> folder non-mandatory so this sort of thing doesn't recur?

This one is haunting you, right ;-). I thought we narrowed that "some
SVN client" down to "your SVN client" (or your git bridge, or whatever
:). - Anyway, is there a bug for it?!

T.

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:58 AM, thron7 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Derrell Lipman wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:30 AM, thron7 <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     >    2. Then, I got error saying translation folder missing.So, I
>     >       created a dummy translation folder inside demo/source.
>     >
>
>     That's a good one, which should be fixed, Derrell.
>

> Yeah, someone else now got bit by it. Some SVN clients don't create
> directories if the directory is empty. I'm adding a README file in the
> translation folder, but wouldn't it make sense to make the translation
> folder non-mandatory so this sort of thing doesn't recur?

This one is haunting you, right ;-).
Yup.

I thought we narrowed that "some SVN client" down to "your SVN client" (or your git bridge, or whatever :).
Guilty as charged, although I'm not convinced this is the only SVN client that presents the issue.

- Anyway, is there a bug for it?!
There is now. :-)

Re: info regarding Time widget

Amit Rana
Yeah,

Silly of me to use v0.8 SDK and look in v0.8.1 API. I apologize for the mistake. But, its all a part of the learning ;-) .

I will try to use an equivalent v0.8 method and let you know.

thanks
Amit