how setData works

johnd
I have a table on a gui that has been clicked to sort one of the columns.
When I call setData (I passed clearSorting as false) on a table model,
the data on the gui widget isn't sorted anymore.

Do I need to manually call a sort or something?

Re: how setData works

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Hello John,
> I have a table on a gui that has been clicked to sort one of the columns.
> When I call setData (I passed clearSorting as false) on a table model,
> the data on the gui widget isn't sorted anymore.
>
> Do I need to manually call a sort or something?

Well, if the data changed, I would not expect the table to sort the new data again so maybe you should just set the sort direction after you updated the data.

Regards,
Martin

Re: how setData works

johnd
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:16 AM, Martin Wittemann
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello John,
>> I have a table on a gui that has been clicked to sort one of the columns.
>> When I call setData (I passed clearSorting as false) on a table model,
>> the data on the gui widget isn't sorted anymore.
>>
>> Do I need to manually call a sort or something?
>
> Well, if the data changed, I would not expect the table to sort the new data again so maybe you should just set the sort direction after you updated the data.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

shouldn't this be called automatically (by the widget) in a case where
the user has selected a column to sort?  If it isn't there is a state
where the gui sort idicator shows that the column is sorted but it
isn't.