geolocation maps in qooxdoo

franck34

Hi the list,

Just by curiosity, i'd like to know if some of you already implement something like that :

* earth map using SVG in a container
* put marker on the map, marker are just object having longitude/latitude

Optionaly, move/zoom the map with the mouse.

Constraints :
* no use of google maps or any online dynamic stuff

Seem's there is a few libs to do that, just wondering if something already did that and what's the technical choice ;)

Thanks in advance

Cheers !

Re: geolocation maps in qooxdoo

Burak Arslan-2
Hi,

Heard of polymaps.org ? Seems to be what you're looking for.

Best,
Burak

On 04/22/13 19:24, franck34 wrote:

Hi the list,

Just by curiosity, i'd like to know if some of you already implement something like that :

* earth map using SVG in a container
* put marker on the map, marker are just object having longitude/latitude

Optionaly, move/zoom the map with the mouse.

Constraints :
* no use of google maps or any online dynamic stuff

Seem's there is a few libs to do that, just wondering if something already did that and what's the technical choice ;)

Thanks in advance

Cheers !

Re: geolocation maps in qooxdoo

arsousa
Hi,

I have integrated OpenLayers with Qooxdoo and it rocks! The OpenLayers is a powerful javascript mapping library, but there are another options that could be more suitable for you.
Take a look:

Cheers,

Ana Sousa

2013/4/22 Burak Arslan <[hidden email]>
Hi,

Heard of polymaps.org ? Seems to be what you're looking for.

Best,
Burak

On 04/22/13 19:24, franck34 wrote:

Hi the list,

Just by curiosity, i'd like to know if some of you already implement something like that :

* earth map using SVG in a container
* put marker on the map, marker are just object having longitude/latitude

Optionaly, move/zoom the map with the mouse.

Constraints :
* no use of google maps or any online dynamic stuff

Seem's there is a few libs to do that, just wondering if something already did that and what's the technical choice ;)

Thanks in advance

Cheers !

Re: geolocation maps in qooxdoo

Werner Thie
Hi, just finished some stuff with Raphael in qooxdoo, a world map
example is included on raphaeljs.com

Werner

On 4/23/13 10:58 AM, Ana Rita Sousa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have integrated OpenLayers with Qooxdoo and it rocks! The OpenLayers
> is a powerful javascript mapping library, but there are another options
> that could be more suitable for you.
> Take a look:
>
> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/8032/comparison-of-javascript-mapping-libraries
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ana Sousa
>

> 2013/4/22 Burak Arslan <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Heard of polymaps.org <http://polymaps.org> ? Seems to be what
>     you're looking for.
>
>     Best,
>     Burak
>

>     On 04/22/13 19:24, franck34 wrote:
>>
>>     Hi the list,
>>
>>     Just by curiosity, i'd like to know if some of you already
>>     implement something like that :
>>
>>     * earth map using SVG in a container
>>     * put marker on the map, marker are just object having
>>     longitude/latitude
>>
>>     Optionaly, move/zoom the map with the mouse.
>>
>>     Constraints :
>>     * no use of google maps or any online dynamic stuff
>>
>>     Seem's there is a few libs to do that, just wondering if something
>>     already did that and what's the technical choice ;)
>>
>>     Thanks in advance
>>
>>     Cheers !
>>

>>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     Precog is a next-generation analytics platform capable of advanced
>>     analytics on semi-structured data. The platform includes APIs for building
>>     apps and a phenomenal toolset for data science. Developers can use
>>     our toolset for easy data analysis & visualization. Get a free account!
>>     http://www2.precog.com/precogplatform/slashdotnewsletter

> and get this awesome Nerd Life shirt! http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic_d2d_apr

Re: geolocation maps in qooxdoo

franck34
Need to choose between
http://raphaeljs.com/world/ (simple, enought) and

Both don't need to make outside request for loading data (my constraint)

The last one i found is http://d3js.org/

Thanks a lot all :)

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Werner Thie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, just finished some stuff with Raphael in qooxdoo, a world map
example is included on raphaeljs.com

Werner

On 4/23/13 10:58 AM, Ana Rita Sousa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have integrated OpenLayers with Qooxdoo and it rocks! The OpenLayers
> is a powerful javascript mapping library, but there are another options
> that could be more suitable for you.
> Take a look:
>
> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/8032/comparison-of-javascript-mapping-libraries
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ana Sousa
>

> 2013/4/22 Burak Arslan <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Heard of polymaps.org <http://polymaps.org> ? Seems to be what
>     you're looking for.
>
>     Best,
>     Burak
>

>     On 04/22/13 19:24, franck34 wrote:
>>
>>     Hi the list,
>>
>>     Just by curiosity, i'd like to know if some of you already
>>     implement something like that :
>>
>>     * earth map using SVG in a container
>>     * put marker on the map, marker are just object having
>>     longitude/latitude
>>
>>     Optionaly, move/zoom the map with the mouse.
>>
>>     Constraints :
>>     * no use of google maps or any online dynamic stuff
>>
>>     Seem's there is a few libs to do that, just wondering if something
>>     already did that and what's the technical choice ;)
>>
>>     Thanks in advance
>>
>>     Cheers !
>>

>>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     Precog is a next-generation analytics platform capable of advanced
>>     analytics on semi-structured data. The platform includes APIs for building
>>     apps and a phenomenal toolset for data science. Developers can use
>>     our toolset for easy data analysis & visualization. Get a free account!
>>     http://www2.precog.com/precogplatform/slashdotnewsletter

> and get this awesome Nerd Life shirt! http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic_d2d_apr

Re: geolocation maps in qooxdoo

fritz
Raphael had serious memory leaks in the past. Quite possible that this is
fixed now.

Cheers,
Fritz

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013, franck34 wrote:

> Need to choose between
> http://raphaeljs.com/world/ (simple, enought) and
> http://kartograph.org/showcase/projections/#ortho
>
> Both don't need to make outside request for loading data (my constraint)
>
> The last one i found is http://d3js.org/
> http://mbostock.github.io/d3/talk/20111018/azimuthal.html
>
> Thanks a lot all :)
>

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Werner Thie <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi, just finished some stuff with Raphael in qooxdoo, a world map
>> example is included on raphaeljs.com
>>
>> Werner
>>

>> On 4/23/13 10:58 AM, Ana Rita Sousa wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have integrated OpenLayers with Qooxdoo and it rocks! The OpenLayers
>>> is a powerful javascript mapping library, but there are another options
>>> that could be more suitable for you.
>>> Take a look:
>>>

>> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/8032/comparison-of-javascript-mapping-libraries
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Ana Sousa
>>>

>>> 2013/4/22 Burak Arslan <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>>
>>>     Hi,
>>>
>>>     Heard of polymaps.org <http://polymaps.org> ? Seems to be what
>>>     you're looking for.
>>>
>>>     Best,
>>>     Burak

>> building
>> account!

>>>     Precog is a next-generation analytics platform capable of advanced
>>>     analytics on semi-structured data. The platform includes APIs for
>>>     building
>>>     apps and a phenomenal toolset for data science. Developers can use
>>>     our toolset for easy data analysis & visualization. Get a free
>> account!
>>>     http://www2.precog.com/precogplatform/slashdotnewsletter

>>> Try New Relic Now & We'll Send You this Cool Shirt
>>> New Relic is the only SaaS-based application performance monitoring
>> service
>>> that delivers powerful full stack analytics. Optimize and monitor your
>>> browser, app, & servers with just a few lines of code. Try New Relic
>>> and get this awesome Nerd Life shirt!
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic_d2d_apr

Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

On 4/23/13 11:44 AM, Fritz Zaucker wrote:
> Raphael had serious memory leaks in the past. Quite possible that this is
> fixed now.

None observed so far, Fritz!

Werner