Quantcast

errors in travis ci runs in current qooxdoo master

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

errors in travis ci runs in current qooxdoo master

Dietrich Streifert
Hi All,

I had a look at the travis runs with the errors occuring here. Here an
example:

https://travis-ci.org/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/builds/113351781

The errors start at
https://travis-ci.org/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/builds/113351781#L5656 where I see
an unexpected message.

> Test suite finished. Call
> qx.core.Init.getApplication().runner.view.getTestResults() to get the
> results.
> Tests finished.

which I think should not be there, as numerous tests follow, which all
seem to fail. The first failed test is the test class qx.test.Theme.

I've pulled master to my local disc and started the travis
tool/test/travis/run script locally, wich also (no surprise) had the
same errors as the travis ci run on github.

I remembered that the original qx-phantomjs allowed to set an additional
parameter in order to specify a single test class, which also is
possible with the tool/test/travis/run script if I add the parameter
"?testclass=..." to the runner url.

So I started the script with

run
"http://localhost/qooxdoo/master/framework/test-console/index-source.html?testclass=qx.test.Theme"

with qx.test.Theme being the first test failing. But in contrary to the
overall run, just running qx.test.Theme finished without an error:

> 000095 qx.core.Init: Load runtime: 94ms
> 000122 Waiting for tests
> 000127 Loading tests...
> 000128 qx.core.Init: Main runtime: 33ms
> 000136 qx.core.Init: Finalize runtime: 8ms
> 001592 qx.core.Init: Load runtime: 1592ms
> 001606 qx.core.Init: Main runtime: 13ms
> 001611 qx.core.Init: Finalize runtime: 5ms
> 001864 8 tests ready. Call
> qx.core.Init.getApplication().runner.view.run() to start.
> 001865 Running tests...
> 001882 qx.test.Theme:testDoubleExtend : success
> 001896 qx.test.Theme:testExtendTheme : success
> 001909 qx.test.Theme:testExtendThemeWithIncludes : success
> 001924 qx.test.Theme:testIncludeInvalidTheme : success
> 001936 qx.test.Theme:testIncludeTheme : success
> 001950 qx.test.Theme:testIncludeThemeWithIncludes : success
> 001964 qx.test.Theme:testPatchInvalidTheme : success
> 001977 qx.test.Theme:testPatchTheme : success
> 002233 Test suite finished. Call
> qx.core.Init.getApplication().runner.view.getTestResults() to get the
> results.
> Tests finished.
>
>
> Finished running test suite (8 succeeded, 0 skipped, 0 failed)
>
> 002096 qx.core.ObjectRegistry: Disposed 52 objects

So I don't think that the tests per se are faulty.

What's going on in the test runner?

Regards
Dietrich


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: errors in travis ci runs in current qooxdoo master

Dietrich Streifert
The tests in qx.test.Theme have tests for theme switching with
decorators and appearances generated on the fly. This themes only have a
dummy decorator called "basic".

If the test switches to such a dummy theme, there still exist instances
of qx.ui.basic.Image and others from previous tests, which are having
their decorators assigned from a regular theme, like "toolbar-part". As
this decorator does not exist in the dynamically created dummy
decorator, the switch fails with an exception. This test is then marked
as "failed".

I'll try to get rid of those instances left behind, by calling destroy
in the corresponding tests.

We'll see how far I get.


Am 03.03.2016 um 16:09 schrieb Dietrich Streifert:

> Hi All,
>
> I had a look at the travis runs with the errors occuring here. Here an
> example:
>
> https://travis-ci.org/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/builds/113351781
>
> The errors start at
> https://travis-ci.org/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/builds/113351781#L5656 where I
> see an unexpected message.
>
>> Test suite finished. Call
>> qx.core.Init.getApplication().runner.view.getTestResults() to get the
>> results.
>> Tests finished.
>
> which I think should not be there, as numerous tests follow, which all
> seem to fail. The first failed test is the test class qx.test.Theme.
>
> I've pulled master to my local disc and started the travis
> tool/test/travis/run script locally, wich also (no surprise) had the
> same errors as the travis ci run on github.
>
> I remembered that the original qx-phantomjs allowed to set an
> additional parameter in order to specify a single test class, which
> also is possible with the tool/test/travis/run script if I add the
> parameter "?testclass=..." to the runner url.
>
> So I started the script with
>
> run
> "http://localhost/qooxdoo/master/framework/test-console/index-source.html?testclass=qx.test.Theme"
>
> with qx.test.Theme being the first test failing. But in contrary to
> the overall run, just running qx.test.Theme finished without an error:
>
>> 000095 qx.core.Init: Load runtime: 94ms
>> 000122 Waiting for tests
>> 000127 Loading tests...
>> 000128 qx.core.Init: Main runtime: 33ms
>> 000136 qx.core.Init: Finalize runtime: 8ms
>> 001592 qx.core.Init: Load runtime: 1592ms
>> 001606 qx.core.Init: Main runtime: 13ms
>> 001611 qx.core.Init: Finalize runtime: 5ms
>> 001864 8 tests ready. Call
>> qx.core.Init.getApplication().runner.view.run() to start.
>> 001865 Running tests...
>> 001882 qx.test.Theme:testDoubleExtend : success
>> 001896 qx.test.Theme:testExtendTheme : success
>> 001909 qx.test.Theme:testExtendThemeWithIncludes : success
>> 001924 qx.test.Theme:testIncludeInvalidTheme : success
>> 001936 qx.test.Theme:testIncludeTheme : success
>> 001950 qx.test.Theme:testIncludeThemeWithIncludes : success
>> 001964 qx.test.Theme:testPatchInvalidTheme : success
>> 001977 qx.test.Theme:testPatchTheme : success
>> 002233 Test suite finished. Call
>> qx.core.Init.getApplication().runner.view.getTestResults() to get the
>> results.
>> Tests finished.
>>
>>
>> Finished running test suite (8 succeeded, 0 skipped, 0 failed)
>>
>> 002096 qx.core.ObjectRegistry: Disposed 52 objects
>
> So I don't think that the tests per se are faulty.
>
> What's going on in the test runner?
>
> Regards
> Dietrich
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: errors in travis ci runs in current qooxdoo master

Dietrich Streifert
Here is another one:

Some tests in qx.test.util.NumberFormat fail with an exception

> Error: Error in property locale of class qx.util.format.NumberFormat
> in method setLocale with incoming value 'null': Null value is not allowed!

This happens because the qx.locale.Manager instance (singleton) has the
property locale defined as "nullable : true" wheras
qx.util.format.NumberFormat does not, albeit qx.util.format.NumberFormat
says "init : null".

As instances of qx.util.format.NumberFormat bind to the
qx.locale.Manager instances locale property, sone test fail because they
call qx.locale.Manager.getInstance().resetLocale(), which sets locale to
null which is not allowed for NumberFormat.

At first point we have to decide what to do with the discrepancy of both
"locale" properties in qx.locale.Manager and qx.util.format.NumberFormat.

On the other hand we have to detect undisposed instances of
qx.util.format.NumberFormat which may be left behind from other tests.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: errors in travis ci runs in current qooxdoo master

Dietrich Streifert
And here is the pull request:

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/186

Am 03.03.2016 um 17:58 schrieb Dietrich Streifert:

> Here is another one:
>
> Some tests in qx.test.util.NumberFormat fail with an exception
>
>> Error: Error in property locale of class qx.util.format.NumberFormat
>> in method setLocale with incoming value 'null': Null value is not
>> allowed!
>
> This happens because the qx.locale.Manager instance (singleton) has
> the property locale defined as "nullable : true" wheras
> qx.util.format.NumberFormat does not, albeit
> qx.util.format.NumberFormat says "init : null".
>
> As instances of qx.util.format.NumberFormat bind to the
> qx.locale.Manager instances locale property, sone test fail because
> they call qx.locale.Manager.getInstance().resetLocale(), which sets
> locale to null which is not allowed for NumberFormat.
>
> At first point we have to decide what to do with the discrepancy of
> both "locale" properties in qx.locale.Manager and
> qx.util.format.NumberFormat.
>
> On the other hand we have to detect undisposed instances of
> qx.util.format.NumberFormat which may be left behind from other tests.
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: errors in travis ci runs in current qooxdoo master

Dietrich Streifert
and another PR:

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/187

Am 04.03.2016 um 11:17 schrieb Dietrich Streifert:

> And here is the pull request:
>
> https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/pull/186
>
> Am 03.03.2016 um 17:58 schrieb Dietrich Streifert:
>> Here is another one:
>>
>> Some tests in qx.test.util.NumberFormat fail with an exception
>>
>>> Error: Error in property locale of class qx.util.format.NumberFormat
>>> in method setLocale with incoming value 'null': Null value is not
>>> allowed!
>>
>> This happens because the qx.locale.Manager instance (singleton) has
>> the property locale defined as "nullable : true" wheras
>> qx.util.format.NumberFormat does not, albeit
>> qx.util.format.NumberFormat says "init : null".
>>
>> As instances of qx.util.format.NumberFormat bind to the
>> qx.locale.Manager instances locale property, sone test fail because
>> they call qx.locale.Manager.getInstance().resetLocale(), which sets
>> locale to null which is not allowed for NumberFormat.
>>
>> At first point we have to decide what to do with the discrepancy of
>> both "locale" properties in qx.locale.Manager and
>> qx.util.format.NumberFormat.
>>
>> On the other hand we have to detect undisposed instances of
>> qx.util.format.NumberFormat which may be left behind from other tests.
>>
>>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Loading...