embedded PDF is always on top

Tobias Koller (GERMO GmbH)

Hi,

I created an Iframe and loaded a PDF-File.

When I open f.e. a modal window it’s always behind the PDF-Plugin.

The PDF-plugin is always ontop of everything.

Are there any workarounds for that?

Thanks

Tobias

Re: embedded PDF is always on top

Hi Tobias,

I don't know if it can be fixed. I've found this on stackoverflow but
there is no answer yet:

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1911329/embedded-pdf-always-appearing-over-absolutely-positioned-elements>

> I created an Iframe and loaded a PDF-File.
>
> When I open f.e. a modal window it’s always behind the PDF-Plugin.
>
> The PDF-plugin is always ontop of everything.
>
> Are there any workarounds for that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tobias

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev

1&1 Internet AG - Web Technologies
Ernst-Frey-Straße 9 · DE-76135 Karlsruhe
Telefon: +49 721 91374-6784
[hidden email]

Amtsgericht Montabaur / HRB 6484
Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen

Re: embedded PDF is always on top

Tobias Koller (GERMO GmbH)
Hi Fabian,

I had this problem before qooxdoo ;)

And I thought that a workaround would be to put an Iframe behind the thinks you want to display. I guess the browser first handles the iframe-zIndex...

But I don't now if this would work here.

Tobias

I don't know if it can be fixed. I've found this on stackoverflow but
there is no answer yet:

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1911329/embedded-pdf-always-appearing-over-absolutely-positioned-elements>

> I created an Iframe and loaded a PDF-File.
>
> When I open f.e. a modal window it's always behind the PDF-Plugin.
>
> The PDF-plugin is always ontop of everything.
>
> Are there any workarounds for that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tobias

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev

1&1 Internet AG - Web Technologies
Ernst-Frey-Straße 9 · DE-76135 Karlsruhe
Telefon: +49 721 91374-6784
[hidden email]

Amtsgericht Montabaur / HRB 6484
Vorstände: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Hans-Henning Kettler, Dr. Oliver Mauss, Jan Oetjen

Re: embedded PDF is always on top

randylb
Has there been a resolution for this in IE? It seems to be resolved in all browsers EXCEPT IE.

Re: embedded PDF is always on top

Thomas Herchenroeder
Is there a bug for this issue?

T.