css and javascript external libraries minification

css and javascript external libraries minification

cyrillerigault
Hello,

I use several libraries within my qooxdoo project, and I want to merge some css and js files into one file, then minify them using the same tools as qooxdoo use, through the config.json file.

Is there an easy way to do this ?

I saw that in version 4.0 cssmin was used to minify css files, and apparently, it is not used anymore in 5.0
Could you also tell me the tools you use for css and js minification ?

Thank you for your support.

Cyrille

Re: css and javascript external libraries minification

cyrillerigault
Hello, and thank you for your reply.

I was looking yesterday on some css and js compressor tools, and I found this comparison page : http://compressorrater.thruhere.net/
When you click on one compressorRater results for some popular libraries, you see that without any js compression, you have pretty good results only with gzip compression. So your reply is actually rather correct.

Anyways, I found these 2 tools, uglifyjs and clean-css.

Thanks again and have a nice day

Cyrille

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gzip compression of web server is not enough ?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 7:14 PM, Cyrille Rigault <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I use several libraries within my qooxdoo project, and I want to merge some css and js files into one file, then minify them using the same tools as qooxdoo use, through the config.json file.

Is there an easy way to do this ?

I saw that in version 4.0 cssmin was used to minify css files, and apparently, it is not used anymore in 5.0
Could you also tell me the tools you use for css and js minification ?

Thank you for your support.

Cyrille

Re: css and javascript external libraries minification

Phyo Arkar
Yes it is not the best but good result. If you combo with a JS compressor it will give a better result.
For me it is enough for most cases. Because it can compress json responses too.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Cyrille Rigault <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

tonytong
I'm not a developer, i always use free online js minification and css minification.