cropper widget

oetiker
Today I spent some quality time with qooxdoo ... and wrote a
generic widget for visual selection ... its called cropper.

demo on    http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/

source on  http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/cropper.txt

would this be ok as a contrib ?
I was thinking of op.ui.cropper

cheers
tobi

ps. this was an all together different level of fun from my
previous javascript entertainment ... which was not bad either:
Adding Incremental Search to any standard select dropdown using
jQuery http://oss.oetiker.ch/jquery/jquery.AddIncSearch.html

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: cropper widget

Krycek
Hi Tobias,

very good work.

Just a feature to think about to the next version:

Adding a keydown and keyup event to know when a Space is pressed and some changes to __moveCrop would make it behavior exactly like photoshop (then it  would be possible to change the this.__startY and this.__startX after starting the cropping).

Thanks for sharing.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Tobias Oetiker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Today I spent some quality time with qooxdoo ... and wrote a
generic widget for visual selection ... its called cropper.

demo on    http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/

source on  http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/cropper.txt

would this be ok as a contrib ?
I was thinking of op.ui.cropper

cheers
tobi

ps. this was an all together different level of fun from my
previous javascript entertainment ... which was not bad either:
Adding Incremental Search to any standard select dropdown using
jQuery http://oss.oetiker.ch/jquery/jquery.AddIncSearch.html

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: cropper widget

MartinWittemann
Hello tobi,
the demo looks quite impressive. Nice work!
If its worth a contrib is Andreas' decision. But he will sure take care of it as soon as he is in the office.
Best,
Martin

oetiker wrote
Today I spent some quality time with qooxdoo ... and wrote a
generic widget for visual selection ... its called cropper.

demo on    http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/

source on  http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/cropper.txt

would this be ok as a contrib ?
I was thinking of op.ui.cropper

cheers
tobi

ps. this was an all together different level of fun from my
previous javascript entertainment ... which was not bad either:
Adding Incremental Search to any standard select dropdown using
jQuery http://oss.oetiker.ch/jquery/jquery.AddIncSearch.html

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi@oetiker.ch ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: cropper widget

oetiker
Hi Guilherme,

Yesterday Guilherme Aiolfi wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
> very good work.
>
> Just a feature to think about to the next version:
>
> Adding a keydown and keyup event to know when a Space is pressed and some
> changes to __moveCrop would make it behavior exactly like photoshop (then it
>  would be possible to change the this.__startY and this.__startX after
> starting the cropping).

done ... demo is updated ...

cheers
tobi

> Thanks for sharing.
>

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Tobias Oetiker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Today I spent some quality time with qooxdoo ... and wrote a
> > generic widget for visual selection ... its called cropper.
> >
> > demo on    http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/
> >
> > source on  http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/cropper.txt
> >
> > would this be ok as a contrib ?
> > I was thinking of op.ui.cropper
> >

> > cheers
> > tobi
> >
> > ps. this was an all together different level of fun from my
> > previous javascript entertainment ... which was not bad either:
> > Adding Incremental Search to any standard select dropdown using
> > jQuery http://oss.oetiker.ch/jquery/jquery.AddIncSearch.html
> >
> > --
> > Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
> > http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: cropper widget

Andreas Ecker
Hi Tobi,

here's some feedback (was busy the entire day).

> Today I spent some quality time with qooxdoo ... and wrote a
> generic widget for visual selection ... its called cropper.
>
> demo on    http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/
>
> source on  http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/cropper.txt
>
> would this be ok as a contrib ?

Definitely. Very nice work (as usual)!

> I was thinking of op.ui.cropper

I'd suggest Cropper as the contrib's name and cropper as its unique
namespace. Please do not use deep namespaces for the contribs.

It'd be best to use create-application.py -t contribution to create a
pre-configured skeleton into your local qooxdoo-contrib checkout. Simply
put your self-consistent demo into the demo/ folder. I'd be happy to
help fine-tuning your contrib, just let me know (but I'll not be
available next Thu + Fri).

TTYL,

Andreas

--
Andreas Ecker
Project Lead

Re: cropper widget

oetiker
Hi Andreas,

I have just run the command you suggested,

 create-application.py -t contribution -n Cropper -s cropper

the result is a bit confusing though ...
there are now two demo locations in the generated tree

 Cropper/trunk/source/class/cropper/demo
 Cropper/trunk/source/class/cropper/demo/Demo.js

as well as a tree with ...

 Cropper/trunk/demo/default/...

which is which ?

cheers
tobi

Today Andreas Ecker wrote:

> Hi Tobi,
>
> here's some feedback (was busy the entire day).
>
> > Today I spent some quality time with qooxdoo ... and wrote a
> > generic widget for visual selection ... its called cropper.
> >
> > demo on    http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/
> >
> > source on  http://tobi.oetiker.ch/test/cropper/cropper.txt
> >
> > would this be ok as a contrib ?
>
> Definitely. Very nice work (as usual)!
>
> > I was thinking of op.ui.cropper
>
> I'd suggest Cropper as the contrib's name and cropper as its unique
> namespace. Please do not use deep namespaces for the contribs.
>
> It'd be best to use create-application.py -t contribution to create a
> pre-configured skeleton into your local qooxdoo-contrib checkout. Simply
> put your self-consistent demo into the demo/ folder. I'd be happy to
> help fine-tuning your contrib, just let me know (but I'll not be
> available next Thu + Fri).

I have now commited it and added a page to the wiki ... question,
does the demo get generated and made available anywhere ?

cheers
tobi

> TTYL,
>
> Andreas

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: cropper widget

Andreas Ecker
Hi Tobi!

> I have now commited it and added a page to the wiki ...

Thanks again for making it available in qooxdoo-contrib. I completed the
setup process, e.g. with an accompanying bugzilla component or meta info
at
http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project#cropper

>  question,
> does the demo get generated and made available anywhere ?

Yes, it is available now at
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/contrib/Cropper/trunk/

Have a look at how I setup the demo within the contrib. It is  supposed
to be within a demo file structure that is basically identical to a
regular GUI app skeleton. For instance this allows to run the typical
generate targets.

I put the result of a generate.py build online. Still a manual process,
but with more refinements in the current/future contrib setups, this
will someday be an automatic process, possibly also providing some sort
of demobrowser integration.

As I said, I won't be available til Mo., but anyway, let me know if
you've got any questions.

Bye,

Andreas

Re: cropper widget

oetiker
Hi Andreas,

Today Andreas Ecker wrote:

> Hi Tobi!
>
> > I have now commited it and added a page to the wiki ...
>
> Thanks again for making it available in qooxdoo-contrib. I completed the
> setup process, e.g. with an accompanying bugzilla component or meta info
> at
> http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project#cropper
>
> >  question,
> > does the demo get generated and made available anywhere ?
>
> Yes, it is available now at
> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/contrib/Cropper/trunk/
>
> Have a look at how I setup the demo within the contrib. It is  supposed
> to be within a demo file structure that is basically identical to a
> regular GUI app skeleton. For instance this allows to run the typical
> generate targets.
>
> I put the result of a generate.py build online. Still a manual process,
> but with more refinements in the current/future contrib setups, this
> will someday be an automatic process, possibly also providing some sort
> of demobrowser integration.
>
> As I said, I won't be available til Mo., but anyway, let me know if
> you've got any questions.

great ... thanks for setting this up ... btw, there seems to be a
problem in the automatic setup process of the contribution because
the demo directory where I put the demo file was put there by the
template ...

cheers
tobi

> Bye,
>
> Andreas

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: cropper widget

Andreas Ecker
Hi Tobi!

> great ... thanks for setting this up ...

Ma pleasure.  ;-)

> btw, there seems to be a
> problem in the automatic setup process of the contribution because
> the demo directory where I put the demo file was put there by the
> template ...

There was some redundancy in the latest contribution skeleton, but I
already fixed that in SVN. I think it's advantageous to just go with the
existing, fully-featured demo setup next to (not within) the actual
contribution source code.

Bye,

Andreas