copying assets not working anymore in V1.1

copying assets not working anymore in V1.1

Werner Thie
Hi

just stumbled over a problem when deleting the build directory
completely and doing a generate.py build.

I have the following line in my Application.js file:

#asset(../translation/*)

The translation directory is copied over to the build no problem in
qooxdoo 1.0.1, the copy fails in V1.1

What am I missing? Do I have to move that statement over to config.json?

Thxs, Werner

Re: copying assets not working anymore in V1.1

Thomas Herchenroeder

On 05/18/2010 07:57 AM, Werner Thie wrote:

> Hi
>
> just stumbled over a problem when deleting the build directory
> completely and doing a generate.py build.
>
> I have the following line in my Application.js file:
>
> #asset(../translation/*)
>
> The translation directory is copied over to the build no problem in
> qooxdoo 1.0.1, the copy fails in V1.1

Mh, I doubt that it worked in 1.0.1. I tried it with a gui skeleton, and
it neither worked in 1.0.1 nor in 1.1. There must be something else you
have been doing.

And actually, I'm glad it doesn't work, as it is not supposed to :). The
arguments to #asset are *asset Id's*, not file system paths. So ".." has
no meaning here. Asset Id's are the path suffix after the
.../source/resource root down to the file name. The patterns of #asset
hints are checked against all such path suffixes of all libraries. If
the pattern doesn't match any of the existing suffixes, it is without
effect.

> What am I missing? Do I have to move that statement over to config.json?

For such a task you should extend the 'build-files' job, e.g. like

  "build-files" : {
    "copy-files" : {
      "files" : [ "translation" ]

BTW: Why would you want to copy the translation directory? .po files are
no assets, and the translations themselves get incorporated into the
build script. So why bother about the files?

thron7 wrote:

> On 05/18/2010 07:57 AM, Werner Thie wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> just stumbled over a problem when deleting the build directory
>> completely and doing a generate.py build.
>>
>> I have the following line in my Application.js file:
>>
>> #asset(../translation/*)
>>
>> The translation directory is copied over to the build no problem in
>> qooxdoo 1.0.1, the copy fails in V1.1
>
> Mh, I doubt that it worked in 1.0.1. I tried it with a gui skeleton, and
> it neither worked in 1.0.1 nor in 1.1. There must be something else you
> have been doing.
My bad, the directory must have been lying around from a manual copy and
  I assumed wrongly it was copied there, until I killed the build directory.

> And actually, I'm glad it doesn't work, as it is not supposed to :). The
> arguments to #asset are *asset Id's*, not file system paths. So ".." has
> no meaning here. Asset Id's are the path suffix after the
> .../source/resource root down to the file name. The patterns of #asset
> hints are checked against all such path suffixes of all libraries. If
> the pattern doesn't match any of the existing suffixes, it is without
> effect.
So, this line

#asset(demoproject/*)

copies everything down the source/resource root. I mistook the syntax as
being file system based.

>> What am I missing? Do I have to move that statement over to config.json?
>
> For such a task you should extend the 'build-files' job, e.g. like
>
>   "build-files" : {
>     "copy-files" : {
>       "files" : [ "translation" ]
>     }
>   }
Thanks!

> BTW: Why would you want to copy the translation directory? .po files are
> no assets, and the translations themselves get incorporated into the
> build script. So why bother about the files?
Just used it as a directory containing multiple files for testing

Werner