adding atoms to layout

Karol Gryger

Hi

I am adding a few atoms to layout. After all atoms were added I would like
to start "next task".
The atoms are added in random order therefore I don't know which one is
last. It cannot be solved by add appear event to each atom due to "next
task" should be start only one time and all atoms should be visible.

My question is how to trigger "next task" when all atoms appear on layout ?

Thanks,
  Karol

     Karol Gryger (www.family3.org)

Re: adding atoms to layout

Noggin182
It might help if you explain a little what "next task" is, and also why
these atoms are added in random order.

If you know how many atoms are added, and you want to wait until they
are all onscreen you could use the appear event and a counter.

var count = 0;
eachAtom.addListener("appear", function()
{
   if (++count == numberOfAtoms)
   {
     this.nextTask();
   }
}, this);

As I said, if you give more detail we might be able to help more :)

Matt

Grykar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am adding a few atoms to layout. After all atoms were added I would like
> to start "next task".
> The atoms are added in random order therefore I don't know which one is
> last. It cannot be solved by add appear event to each atom due to "next
> task" should be start only one time and all atoms should be visible.
>

> My question is how to trigger "next task" when all atoms appear on layout ?
>

> Thanks,
>   Karol

Re: adding atoms to layout

Karol Gryger

Matt,

thanks for this hint. I test it today.

I have to wait for all atoms because "next task" reads position of them.

Karol

Matthew Gregory wrote:

> It might help if you explain a little what "next task" is, and also why
> these atoms are added in random order.
>
> If you know how many atoms are added, and you want to wait until they
> are all onscreen you could use the appear event and a counter.
>
> var count = 0;
> eachAtom.addListener("appear", function()
> {
>    if (++count == numberOfAtoms)
>    {
>      this.nextTask();
>    }
> }, this);
>
> As I said, if you give more detail we might be able to help more :)
>
> Matt
>
> Grykar wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am adding a few atoms to layout. After all atoms were added I would
>> like
>> to start "next task".
>> The atoms are added in random order therefore I don't know which one is
>> last. It cannot be solved by add appear event to each atom due to "next
>> task" should be start only one time and all atoms should be visible.
>>

>> My question is how to trigger "next task" when all atoms appear on layout
>> ?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>   Karol

     Karol Gryger (www.family3.org)

Re: adding atoms to layout

Karol Gryger

unfortunately it doesn't work for me because I need acccess to all atoms

please see how it works. Login as demo no password is needed
http://family3.org/tree_/build/index.html

Karol

Matthew Gregory wrote:

> It might help if you explain a little what "next task" is, and also why
> these atoms are added in random order.
>
> If you know how many atoms are added, and you want to wait until they
> are all onscreen you could use the appear event and a counter.
>
> var count = 0;
> eachAtom.addListener("appear", function()
> {
>    if (++count == numberOfAtoms)
>    {
>      this.nextTask();
>    }
> }, this);
>
> As I said, if you give more detail we might be able to help more :)
>
> Matt
>
> Grykar wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am adding a few atoms to layout. After all atoms were added I would
>> like
>> to start "next task".
>> The atoms are added in random order therefore I don't know which one is
>> last. It cannot be solved by add appear event to each atom due to "next
>> task" should be start only one time and all atoms should be visible.
>>

>> My question is how to trigger "next task" when all atoms appear on layout
>> ?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>   Karol

     Karol Gryger (www.family3.org)

Re: adding atoms to layout

Noggin182
What are we looking at in specific?

Grykar wrote:

> unfortunately it doesn't work for me because I need acccess to all atoms
>
> please see how it works. Login as demo no password is needed
> http://family3.org/tree_/build/index.html
>
> Karol
>

> Matthew Gregory wrote:
>> It might help if you explain a little what "next task" is, and also why
>> these atoms are added in random order.
>>
>> If you know how many atoms are added, and you want to wait until they
>> are all onscreen you could use the appear event and a counter.
>>
>> var count = 0;
>> eachAtom.addListener("appear", function()
>> {
>>    if (++count == numberOfAtoms)
>>    {
>>      this.nextTask();
>>    }
>> }, this);
>>
>> As I said, if you give more detail we might be able to help more :)
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> Grykar wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am adding a few atoms to layout. After all atoms were added I would
>>> like
>>> to start "next task".
>>> The atoms are added in random order therefore I don't know which one is
>>> last. It cannot be solved by add appear event to each atom due to "next
>>> task" should be start only one time and all atoms should be visible.
>>>

>>> My question is how to trigger "next task" when all atoms appear on layout
>>> ?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>   Karol

Re: adding atoms to layout

Karol Gryger

When all atoms apper I would like to draw relations between them. To do that
I have to read positions of all atoms then draw. I have no access to atom
position before atom appear. It is due to complexity of application.

The first workaround I aapplied was alert message before drwing relations.
It gives additional time to finsh adding atoms to layout but it was not user
friendly.

The current workaround is time event added behaind the loop of adding atoms:

        qx.event.Timer.once(function(e){
                this.drawRelations();
        }, this, 1);

Generally it works but sometimes it is unstable

Probably I have to redesign application to have access to atoms position
before thay appear on layout.

Thanks,
  Karol

Matthew Gregory wrote:

> What are we looking at in specific?
>
> Grykar wrote:
>> unfortunately it doesn't work for me because I need acccess to all atoms
>>
>> please see how it works. Login as demo no password is needed
>> http://family3.org/tree_/build/index.html
>>
>> Karol
>>

>> Matthew Gregory wrote:
>>> It might help if you explain a little what "next task" is, and also why
>>> these atoms are added in random order.
>>>
>>> If you know how many atoms are added, and you want to wait until they
>>> are all onscreen you could use the appear event and a counter.
>>>
>>> var count = 0;
>>> eachAtom.addListener("appear", function()
>>> {
>>>    if (++count == numberOfAtoms)
>>>    {
>>>      this.nextTask();
>>>    }
>>> }, this);
>>>
>>> As I said, if you give more detail we might be able to help more :)
>>>
>>> Matt

>>> Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008
>>> 30-Day
>>> trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and
>>> focus