Would it be possible to move to a more convenient user forum?

Would it be possible to move to a more convenient user forum?

halcwb
I wonder if it would be possible to move to a more convenient forum. This would allow for a better user experience and for organising the forum into different topics.

Just a suggestion.

P.s. Posted again as I made a typo in the title making the question confusing.

Re: Would it be possible to move to a more convenient user forum?

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Hey,
> Am 28.12.2014 um 11:58 schrieb halcwb <[hidden email]>:
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to move to a more convenient forum. This
> would allow for a better user experience and for organising the forum into
> different topics.
>
> Just a suggestion.
I basically like the idea as I was never pleased with the simple possibilities a mailing list offers. But on the other hand, a mailing list also has some advantages. Nevertheless, setting up a forum and moderating it is something we (as the core team) unfortunately don’t have the time to do.
Regards,
Martin

Re: Would it be possible to move to a more convenient user forum?

halcwb
MartinWittemann wrote

Martin
I can completely understand that, and I prefer you spending you're time on coding instead of moderating a forum. Actually you'll need additional resources to maintain your website and arrange these sorts of things. I think that's one of the problems why you as a framework don't get the exposure you deserve.

Re: Would it be possible to move to a more convenient user forum?

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Hey,

> I can completely understand that, and I prefer you spending you're time on
> coding instead of moderating a forum.
Exactly.
> Actually you'll need additional resources to maintain your website and arrange these sorts of things. I think that's one of the problems why you as a framework don't get the exposure you deserve.
Also agree on that that but getting that resources it not as easy as it sound. ;)
Regards,
Martin

Re: Would it be possible to move to a more convenient user forum?

Loren Schlomer-2
Is this something that 1&1/qooxdoo could open up to volunteers?  An
officially sanctioned, community supported forum?  The core dev team
wouldn't have to spend much time/effort, and everyone would (I think)
benefit from the increased visibility.

Agreed, time and resources a rare commodity right now, and I am willing
to be actively involved, but cannot (at this time) head up the
project... any takers -- if this is a possibility?

On 2015-01-07 01:12, Martin Wittemann wrote:
> Hey,
>>
>> I can completely understand that, and I prefer you spending you're
>> time on
>> coding instead of moderating a forum.
> Exactly.
>> Actually you'll need additional resources to maintain your website and
>> arrange these sorts of things. I think that's one of the problems why
>> you as a framework don't get the exposure you deserve.
> Also agree on that that but getting that resources it not as easy as
> it sound. ;)
> Regards,
> Martin
> your
> leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more.
> Take a
I have to admit, although being the instigator, I don't have any time left. In real life I am a full time intensive care doctor, see really scarce on time to get programming. Also, this should receive funding, otherwise it will be difficult. How about starting a funding project, like FireFox or Wikipedia does? I promise I will contribute.