Widgets not moving during animated resize

Widgets not moving during animated resize

csfahey
I have a problem with animation resizing over top of sibling widgets.  I want to have a couple widgets next to each other in a collapsed state and when the mouse moves over one, it expands by resizing using the animation routines which should push the siblings over.  When it loses focus, the widget then collapses and the siblings should move back into position. The problem I am having is that the siblings of the resizing widget do not move when the resize occurs so the expanding widget displays over top of it.  I don't know how to fix this either as a property of the parent/layout or by using event handling to explicitly move the siblings. Can anyone help?

Here is the playground code.

http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/playground/#%7B%22code%22%3A

Re: Widgets not moving during animated resize

csfahey
Sorry here is the working link to the playground sample:

http://tinyurl.com/jm4e3dq

Re: Widgets not moving during animated resize

voger
I don't have code to post but maybe you could have a look at
qx.ui.core.MPlacement mixin to see how it does it. Especially the
placeToWidget function
https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/release_5_0_1/framework/source/class/qx/ui/core/MPlacement.js#L359

On 29/11/2015 07:08 πμ, csfahey wrote:

> I have a problem with animation resizing over top of sibling widgets.  I want
> to have a couple widgets next to each other in a collapsed state and when
> the mouse moves over one, it expands by resizing using the animation
> routines which should push the siblings over.  When it loses focus, the
> widget then collapses and the siblings should move back into position. The
> problem I am having is that the siblings of the resizing widget do not move
> when the resize occurs so the expanding widget displays over top of it.  I
> don't know how to fix this either as a property of the parent/layout or by
> using event handling to explicitly move the siblings. Can anyone help?
>
> Here is the playground code.
>
> http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/playground/#%7B%22code%22%3A

Re: Widgets not moving during animated resize

oetiker
Hi Csfahey,

Yesterday csfahey wrote:

> I have a problem with animation resizing over top of sibling widgets.  I want
> to have a couple widgets next to each other in a collapsed state and when
> the mouse moves over one, it expands by resizing using the animation
> routines which should push the siblings over.  When it loses focus, the
> widget then collapses and the siblings should move back into position. The
> problem I am having is that the siblings of the resizing widget do not move
> when the resize occurs so the expanding widget displays over top of it.  I
> don't know how to fix this either as a property of the parent/layout or by
> using event handling to explicitly move the siblings. Can anyone help?

the reason for this is that, you are animating the dom object ...
while qooxdoo actually calculates all the widget positions using
its internal rendering infrastructure.  This internal rendering is
the reason that qooxdoo lets you do layouts that are not easily
possible with conventional frameworks.  But it also has the effect
that doing dom transformations does not in general trigger a
re-calculation of all object positions within the qooxdoo layout.

something like this

   http://tinyurl.com/zfbbnj4

(no, its not perfect ... )

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: Widgets not moving during animated resize

csfahey
Thanks.  I took what you suggested and modified slightly to have it work the same.