Why the event is not stopping even if it is cancelable?

Why the event is not stopping even if it is cancelable?

voger
I have a case of a stubborn event that refuses to stop even if it is
cancelable. I made this example to show what I mean
http://tinyurl.com/olyx4eh

I want, when the blue "My CheckBox" is clicked, the checkbox not to
change value. Only when I click in the square box left to the label it
should change it's value. In chrome debugger it first processes my event
listener then changes the value so there is an opportunity to prevent
this. But how?