Why qooxdoo abandoned Virtual?

Phyo Arkar
Virtual infrastructure has been not working on for so long now. I believe virtual infrasturcture is most powerful point of qooxdoo and most useful one.
When i look into code of each , everything there is Experimental , never being work on.

I just curious why qooxdoo dev abandoned Virtual Infrasturcture. Is that due to not meeting expectations ?

Thanks

Re: Why qooxdoo abandoned Virtual?

Phyo Arkar
If you need community help on this , can you setup a list of Things ToDO , and planned architecture / guidelines ? so we know where to contribute on.
May be on trello or Github wiki?

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 12:16 AM, Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Virtual infrastructure has been not working on for so long now. I believe virtual infrasturcture is most powerful point of qooxdoo and most useful one.
When i look into code of each , everything there is Experimental , never being work on.

I just curious why qooxdoo dev abandoned Virtual Infrasturcture. Is that due to not meeting expectations ?

Thanks

Re: Why qooxdoo abandoned Virtual?

fritz
Everybody can send mails to this list ... not only developers. I think there
are a lot more people listening than writing ... and it is summer vacation
time in parts of the world ...

Cheers,
Fritz

--
Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)

Re: Why qooxdoo abandoned Virtual?

Phyo Arkar
Ah i c, i forgot that.

--
Oetiker+Partner AG              tel: +41 62 775 9903 (direct)
Fritz Zaucker                        +41 62 775 9900 (switch board)
Aarweg 15                            +41 79 675 0630 (mobile)
CH-4600 Olten                   fax: +41 62 775 9905
Schweiz                         web: www.oetiker.ch

Re: Why qooxdoo abandoned Virtual?

John Spackman-3
I agree, this list is more than adequate and is open to all.  Personally I
found it frustrating in the past to have had some conversations go on as
comments to blog pages, where I didn¹t know they were going on.  OTOH
everyone already subscribes to this list

John

On 08/07/2015 14:33, "Fritz Zaucker" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Everybody can send mails to this list ... not only developers. I think
>there
>are a lot more people listening than writing ... and it is summer vacation
>time in parts of the world ...
>
>Cheers,
>Fritz
>
>On Wed, 8 Jul 2015, Phyo Arkar wrote:
>
>>I think we need a usergroup for qooxdoo , devel is very inactive , i
>>understand that as developers are so busy , but communication is needed.

Re: Why qooxdoo abandoned Virtual?

Dietrich Streifert
Fully agree with that!

Let's stay here!

And in the end we are all developers. Some of us developing qooxdoo
itself and some developing using qooxdoo.

Regards
Dietrich