Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

dcipher
Hi

I have been building a RIA and using the Chrome browser.  Today I tried
the application in FireFox, IE9, Opera and the application worked
perfectly in all but IE9.  In IE9 the widgets were located incorrectly
with missing borders and the display was painfully slow.  Is IE9 not
supported?

By the way the fastest browser appeared to me to be Opera v 11.61 and it
looked great.

Simon

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

Tristan Koch
Hi Simon,

we support IE6+.

Which version of qooxdoo are you using?

Regards
Tristan

Am 25.01.2012 um 22:15 schrieb Simon White:

> Hi
>
> I have been building a RIA and using the Chrome browser.  Today I tried
> the application in FireFox, IE9, Opera and the application worked
> perfectly in all but IE9.  In IE9 the widgets were located incorrectly
> with missing borders and the display was painfully slow.  Is IE9 not
> supported?
>
> By the way the fastest browser appeared to me to be Opera v 11.61 and it
> looked great.
>
> Simon

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

Werner Thie
Hi Simon

We see certain problems in IE9, if running in downgraded compatibility
mode (advertises itself as IE7), like images not being shown or
scrollbars being displayed in odd places.

The downgrade (compatibility icon) vanishes by setting

in your html.

HTH, Werner

werner.vcf (311 bytes) Download Attachment

On 01/25/2012 10:15 PM, Simon White wrote:
> By the way the fastest browser appeared to me to be Opera v 11.61 and it
> looked great.

Yep, when it comes to loading speed Opera is usually the fastest, even
faster than Chrome.

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

dcipher
Hi

I am using version 1.6 and IE9 on Windows 7 64bit.

Simon

On 26/01/2012 1:17 AM, Tristan Koch wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> we support IE6+.
>
> Which version of qooxdoo are you using?
>
> Regards
> Tristan
>
> Am 25.01.2012 um 22:15 schrieb Simon White:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have been building a RIA and using the Chrome browser.  Today I tried
>> the application in FireFox, IE9, Opera and the application worked
>> perfectly in all but IE9.  In IE9 the widgets were located incorrectly
>> with missing borders and the display was painfully slow.  Is IE9 not
>> supported?
>>
>> By the way the fastest browser appeared to me to be Opera v 11.61 and it
>> looked great.
>>
>> Simon

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

Daniel Wagner
Administrator
Hi Simon,

could you please open the dev tools (F12) and let us know which Browser
and Document mode IE is running in?

Also, is your application using a custom theme and/or custom widgets? If
not, are you seeing the same problem in the 1.6 Widget Browser
(http://demo.qooxdoo.org/1.6/widgetbrowser/)?

Regards,
Daniel

On 01/26/2012 01:01 PM, Simon White wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using version 1.6 and IE9 on Windows 7 64bit.
>
> Simon
>
> On 26/01/2012 1:17 AM, Tristan Koch wrote:
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> we support IE6+.
>>
>> Which version of qooxdoo are you using?
>>
>> Regards
>> Tristan
>>
>> Am 25.01.2012 um 22:15 schrieb Simon White:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have been building a RIA and using the Chrome browser.  Today I tried
>>> the application in FireFox, IE9, Opera and the application worked
>>> perfectly in all but IE9.  In IE9 the widgets were located incorrectly
>>> with missing borders and the display was painfully slow.  Is IE9 not
>>> supported?
>>>
>>> By the way the fastest browser appeared to me to be Opera v 11.61 and it
>>> looked great.
>>>
>>> Simon

>> Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow!
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

dcipher
Browser Mode = IE9
Document Mode = IE9 Standards

On 26/01/2012 7:47 AM, Daniel Wagner wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> could you please open the dev tools (F12) and let us know which Browser
> and Document mode IE is running in?
>
> Also, is your application using a custom theme and/or custom widgets? If
> not, are you seeing the same problem in the 1.6 Widget Browser
> (http://demo.qooxdoo.org/1.6/widgetbrowser/)?
>

> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> On 01/26/2012 01:01 PM, Simon White wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am using version 1.6 and IE9 on Windows 7 64bit.
>>
>> Simon
>>
>> On 26/01/2012 1:17 AM, Tristan Koch wrote:
>>> Hi Simon,
>>>
>>> we support IE6+.
>>>
>>> Which version of qooxdoo are you using?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Tristan

>>> Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow!
>>> The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers
>>> is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3,
>>> Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now!
>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

dcipher
Hi

I have attached a screen shot of Chrome and IE9 so you can see the problems.

Simon

On 25/01/2012 4:15 PM, Simon White wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been building a RIA and using the Chrome browser.  Today I tried
> the application in FireFox, IE9, Opera and the application worked
> perfectly in all but IE9.  In IE9 the widgets were located incorrectly
> with missing borders and the display was painfully slow.  Is IE9 not
> supported?
>
> By the way the fastest browser appeared to me to be Opera v 11.61 and it
> looked great.
>
> Simon

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

RIA_Chrome.gif (93K) Download Attachment
RIA_IE9.gif (73K) Download Attachment

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

Tino Butz-2
Hi Simon,

Did you make any progress on that problem? Have you opened a bug?

Tino

<RIA_Chrome.gif><RIA_IE9.gif>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d_______________________________________________

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

dcipher
Hi

I have not opened a bug.  I am not sure how to describe it other than to
say the screen layout is a mess.

Simon

On 31/01/2012 5:44 AM, Tino Butz wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Did you make any progress on that problem? Have you opened a bug?
>
> Tino
>
> Am 26.01.2012 um 17:27 schrieb Simon White:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have attached a screen shot of Chrome and IE9 so you can see the
>> problems.
>>
>> Simon
>>

>> On 25/01/2012 4:15 PM, Simon White wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have been building a RIA and using the Chrome browser. Today I tried
>>> the application in FireFox, IE9, Opera and the application worked
>>> perfectly in all but IE9. In IE9 the widgets were located incorrectly
>>> with missing borders and the display was painfully slow. Is IE9 not
>>> supported?
>>>
>>> By the way the fastest browser appeared to me to be Opera v 11.61 and it
>>> looked great.
>>>
>>> Simon

>>> Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow!
>>> The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers
>>> is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3,
>>> Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now!
>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d
>>
>> <RIA_Chrome.gif><RIA_IE9.gif>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow!
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d_______________________________________________

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

Thomas Herchenroeder

On 01/31/2012 01:56 PM, Simon White wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have not opened a bug.  I am not sure how to describe it other than to
> say the screen layout is a mess.

Well, you have screenshots which will go a long way :-).

Also, it will be important how to reproduce the issue. If you can strip
your code down to a minimal example that still shows the issue, which
you could then attach to the bug, this would be awesome.

Re: Why does IE9 not display application correctly?

dcipher
Hi

I will get back to this after I complete a couple of other priorities
and I will try to create a simple test case.

Simon