What do you guys think of incremental DOM? I think it will be awesome inside Virtual infrasturcture.

What do you guys think of incremental DOM? I think it will be awesome inside Virtual infrasturcture.

Phyo Arkar

https://github.com/google/incremental-dom

http://google.github.io/incremental-dom/#about

https://medium.com/google-developers/introducing-incremental-dom-e98f79ce2c5f

Incremental DOM has two main strengths compared to virtual DOM based approaches:

  • The incremental nature allows for significantly reduced memory allocation during render passes, allowing for more predictable perfromance.

  • It easily maps to template based approaches. Control statements and loops can be mixed freely with element and attribute declarations.

Google released it as a js lib, i think it will be quite easy to implement qooxdoo virtual infrasturcture with it.

It will be a lot faster don’t you think? Currently virtual infrasturcture in virtualist with huge , custom list istems sometimes lags down to 9fps , when scroll too fast.

I haven’t research fully but if you think it is useful for qx Virtual i want to work on it.

Regards.

Phyo.

Re: What do you guys think of incremental DOM? I think it will be awesome inside Virtual infrasturcture.

John Spackman-3
I’m no so sure – with Qooxdoo, once an element is rendered into the DOM, changes to the widget directly act on the element (via qx.html.Element) where as Incremental DOM is for templating languages that generate a whole page worth of new virtual DOM and then have to sync it with the real DOM.  In other words, Qooxdoo is already incremental by nature.

I’m having some performance issues with large numbers of objects (63,000 Qooxdoo objects and 18,000 widgets) so I’d be very interested to know about any performance improvements you find; my brief look in the profiler so far as shown that there is a lot of time taken up calculating visual sizes (Element.getBoundingClientRect, qx.ui.decoration.Decorator._getDefaultInsets and qx.bom.Label.getHtmlSize).

John

From: Phyo Arkar <[hidden email]>
Date: Sunday, 12 July 2015 10:35
To: qooxdoo-devel <[hidden email]>
Subject: [qooxdoo-devel] What do you guys think of incremental DOM? I think it will be awesome inside Virtual infrasturcture.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Don't Limit Your Business. Reach for the Cloud. GigeNET's Cloud Solutions provide you with the tools and support that you need to offload your IT needs and focus on growing your business. Configured For All Businesses. Start Your Cloud Today. https://www.gigenetcloud.com/_______________________________________________ qooxdoo-devel mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 3:43 PM, John Spackman <[hidden email]> wrote:
a lot of time taken up calculating visual sizes (Element.getBoundingClientRect, qx.ui.decoration.Decorator._getDefaultInsets and qx.bom.Label.getHtmlSize).

>a lot of time taken up calculating visual sizes (Element.getBoundingClientRect, qx.ui.decoration.Decorator._getDefaultInsets and qx.bom.Label.getHtmlSize).

Yes it is huge performance hit in Firefox , i had that problem with my chatroom that uses virtual list too.