Upgrading Contribs

Jonathan Wolfe
Hi,

What's the best way to migrate a contrib like the SmartTableModel to Qx v4.0?

Do I replace the generate.py in the current contrib with the new packaged version, then change the config.json to point to the new qx library location and then run ./generate.py migration?

Re: Upgrading Contribs

Richard Sternagel
Hey Jonathan,

http://manual.qooxdoo.org/4.0/pages/tool/migration/migration_guide.html

Ask more questions here if that doesn't help. :)

Regards
Richard

Re: Upgrading Contribs

Richard Sternagel
Don't forget to update your catalog entries:

https://github.com/qooxdoo/contrib-catalog/tree/master/contributions/SmartTableModel

More links that might help:

http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/catalog/
http://manual.qooxdoo.org/4.0/pages/development/contrib.html

Regards
Richard

Am 12.06.14 13:51, schrieb Richard Sternagel:

> Hey Jonathan,
>
> http://manual.qooxdoo.org/4.0/pages/tool/migration/migration_guide.html
>
> Ask more questions here if that doesn't help. :)
>
> Regards
> Richard

Re: Upgrading Contribs

Derrell Lipman
Orphaned project needs maintainer

SmartTableModel was a project I did under contract for Dave Baggett a number of years ago, and was released as a contrib. I haven't looked at it in years and don't have the bandwidth to maintain it, although I could probably remember enough about it to help someone who is interested in maintaining it to come up to speed. It was never upgraded for qooxdoo 3.x, so there's likely some work involved in getting it back to current stable status. It did work pretty well in its day, though, so is likely worth the effort for someone who needs those features.

Derrell

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 8:02 AM, Richard Sternagel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't forget to update your catalog entries:

https://github.com/qooxdoo/contrib-catalog/tree/master/contributions/SmartTableModel

More links that might help:

http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/catalog/
http://manual.qooxdoo.org/4.0/pages/development/contrib.html

Regards
Richard

Am 12.06.14 13:51, schrieb Richard Sternagel:
> Hey Jonathan,
>
> http://manual.qooxdoo.org/4.0/pages/tool/migration/migration_guide.html
>
> Ask more questions here if that doesn't help. :)
>
> Regards
> Richard

Re: Upgrading Contribs

Jonathan Wolfe
Thanks Richard,

I couldn't get the SmartTableModel to compile, but I did manage to change any Click references to Tap's and it seemed to do the trick and work as it did before.

If you're curious, here is my compilation error:

> ./generate.py source

    Initializing: trunk
>>> Processing configuration

    Executing: source::source-script
    - Populating the cache, this may take some time
>>> Scanning libraries
Error: Invalid include block: [u'smart.demo.Demo', u'qx.theme.Modern']
<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'> :
Expression gives no results. Malformed entry: smart.demo.Demo

Jonathan Wolfe Meteorologist
Charleston Pilot Project

Charleston, WV National Weather Service
304-746-0190

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Derrell Lipman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Orphaned project needs maintainer

SmartTableModel was a project I did under contract for Dave Baggett a number of years ago, and was released as a contrib. I haven't looked at it in years and don't have the bandwidth to maintain it, although I could probably remember enough about it to help someone who is interested in maintaining it to come up to speed. It was never upgraded for qooxdoo 3.x, so there's likely some work involved in getting it back to current stable status. It did work pretty well in its day, though, so is likely worth the effort for someone who needs those features.

Derrell

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 8:02 AM, Richard Sternagel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't forget to update your catalog entries:

https://github.com/qooxdoo/contrib-catalog/tree/master/contributions/SmartTableModel

More links that might help:

http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/catalog/
http://manual.qooxdoo.org/4.0/pages/development/contrib.html

Regards
Richard

Am 12.06.14 13:51, schrieb Richard Sternagel:
> Hey Jonathan,
>
> http://manual.qooxdoo.org/4.0/pages/tool/migration/migration_guide.html
>
> Ask more questions here if that doesn't help. :)
>
> Regards
> Richard

Re: Upgrading Contribs

Richard Sternagel
Hey Jonathan,

I got it working. The steps:

1) replace the QOOXDOO_PATH value within
"trunk/demo/default/config.json" with the path to the new SDK.

2) overwrite the file "trunk/demo/default/generate.py" with the
"generate.py" from a newly created app (via "create-application.py" from
the new SDK).

3)

$ cd trunk/demo/default
$ ./generate source

('$' denotes bash prompt)

Remember to not run "./generate.py source" within
"trunk" (the root dir) - it makes no sense, because
there is no app to build a source version from.
It's a library. I admit that this is stumbling block.

Regards
Richard