Update from qx 2.1 to 3.5 / using contribs

Update from qx 2.1 to 3.5 / using contribs

panyasan
Hi everybody,

I am currently updating my app (https://github.com/cboulanger/bibliograph) from an ancient 1.4 version of qooxdoo to the current 3.5 version. I have taken it in steps, first updating from 1.4 to 2.1. It was a completely painless update and works wonderfully: http://demo.bibliograph.org

Updating from 2.1 to 3.5, however, doesn't seem to be as easy. The first problem I ran into is that I am not sure how the new contrib architecture works now. I have followed the discussions on contrib 2.0, but it is not reflected yet in the docs: http://qooxdoo.org/contrib. I want to use the dialog contribution from github (https://github.com/cboulanger/qx-contrib-Dialog), since the sourceforge version is not compatible with 3.0 - what is the exact syntax to use now?

Thanks,
Christian

Re: Update from qx 2.1 to 3.5 / using contribs

Richard Sternagel
Hi panyasan,

there is a dedicated manual page:

http://manual.qooxdoo.org/3.5/pages/development/contrib.html

Hope that helps.

Regards
Richard

Re: Update from qx 2.1 to 3.5 / using contribs

panyasan
Thanks! It would be good if the global contrib page on the qooxdoo website should be updated accordingly...

After updating the contribs, everything works with the 3.5 release:

http://demo.bibliograph.org

This is amazing, given that my codebase is now almost 4 years old, and browsers have evolved considerably since then. Also good to know that the generated HTML is now much lighter than it used to be. Next thing will be to write a mobile client.