Unable to parse JSDoc entry

Marcel Ruff-3
Hi,

when running generate.py with qooxdoo 3.5 I get:

- Warning: MsgBox (50): Unable to parse JSDoc entry: @param {String} text HTML formatted or plain

What is wrong with this syntax?

    /**
      * ...
      * @param {String} text HTML formatted or plain
      * ...
      * @return {qx.ui.window.Window}
      */
    errorMsgBox: function(text, ....

Thank you
Marcel

Re: Unable to parse JSDoc entry

thron7
On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Marcel Ruff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when running generate.py with qooxdoo 3.5 I get:
>

> - Warning: MsgBox (50): Unable to parse JSDoc entry: @param {String} text HTML formatted or plain
>
> What is wrong with this syntax?

The current syntax for this key is

  @param <name> { <type> } [<description>]

(see [1]), so in your case it probably should be

  @param text {String} HTML formatted or plain

T.

[1] http://manual.qooxdoo.org/3.5/pages/development/api_jsdoc_ref.html#param

Re: Unable to parse JSDoc entry

Marcel Ruff-3
According to

   http://usejsdoc.org/about-getting-started.html
   http://usejsdoc.org/tags-param.html

        @param { <type> } <name> [<description>]

so
     /**
       * @param {String} text HTML formatted or plain
       */

is JSDoc 3 style.

According to

http://manual.qooxdoo.org/3.5/pages/development/api_jsdoc_ref.html

   @param  <name>  {  <type>  }  [<description>]

is qooxdoo style, as you pointed out.

Is there a way to keep the two frameworks in harmonic coexistence
(is there a syntax which both like)?

Thank you
Marcel

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Marcel Ruff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> According to
>
>    http://usejsdoc.org/about-getting-started.html
>    http://usejsdoc.org/tags-param.html
>
>         @param { <type> } <name> [<description>]
>
> so
>      /**
>        * @param {String} text HTML formatted or plain
>        */
>
> is JSDoc 3 style.
>

> According to
>
> http://manual.qooxdoo.org/3.5/pages/development/api_jsdoc_ref.html
>
>    @param  <name>  {  <type>  }  [<description>]
>
> is qooxdoo style, as you pointed out.
>
> Is there a way to keep the two frameworks in harmonic coexistence
> (is there a syntax which both like)?

Currently not, I'm afraid. Although we have worked on the hints
syntaxes in the past, jsdoc3 and qooxdoo-style hints are still
different. I'm pretty sure that qooxdoo will re-converge to jsdoc3
over the long run, but this might take a bit.

Re: Unable to parse JSDoc entry

Marcel Ruff-3
Good to know, so I will patiently and persistently wait with my JSDoc 3 style to blossom with
qooxdoo ;-)

thank you and all best with your future job
Marcel